Add ability to search by last email opened date and number of emails opened
We need the ability to better manage our email contacts in order to (1) assess the effectiveness of our email blasts, and (2) better manage our software subscription cost. I put in a help ticket and was told there is no way to do this.
(1) In order to create more active involvement in our organization I want to identify non-members who open most of our email blasts so that we can make effective appeals for becoming members or volunteers.
(2) In order to better manage our software subscription cost, I am in the process of archiving non-member contacts who have not opened any of our organization’s emails in the past two years. To do this I created a “search” to identify non-members who have been email contacts for more than 2 years – in our organization there are more than 600 in this list. Then I must look at each one manually to see how long it’s been since an email was opened. This is horribly tedious and time consuming.
My request is for Wild Apricot to add to the search criteria for creating reports:
“last email open date” with selection options of “on or before” and “on or after”, and
“number of emails opened” with selection options of “greater than” and “less than”.
this is so important! people have already said it well here in the comments. apart from the importance of maintaining an up-to-date contact list and sending only relevant info to people, WA charges by contact, so we need to delete contacts that aren't worth the count. please add this crucial feature asap!
Lesley Christiana commented
Yes, PLEASE add the ability to search for no, or low email opens! I have just had to open 500 contacts individually to see if they are opening our emails, and it was exhausting. We have been bouncing off our limit and our organization is considering the next level of membership up, but I can't possibly sort 2,000 individually by myself. We need the ability to clean up our contacts every year or two, in order to have an efficient contact database.
I added this request in Oct 2016, and now as I look through the "wishlist" items, I have found a request asking for the same search criteria, "Add ability to search by last email opened date and number of emails opened", that I had submitted back in 2013. Each of these two requests has gotten 5 votes. Would you please look at combining them so that perhaps this request can get more traction?
Having to manually search our large database, person by person, for people who are actively engaged (ie, opening emails), in order to identify those we want to tap for membership and volunteer appeals is nearly impossible.
I need to mine our email database to select people who regularly read our emails in order to create special appeals for membership, for volunteer involvement, and for donations. This is a fundamental need for non-profit organizations. Without this ability, we lose too many opportunities for increasing our supporters, volunteers, and income.
Please add to the search criteria:
- Date last email opened.
- Number of emails opened.
- Percent of emails opened.
Would like to have report criteria include the NUMBER and PERCENT of EMAILS OPENED in a TIME RANGE. We need to be able to determine the engagement level of email contacts and members.
(1) It will help to identify very engaged readers to ask them to volunteer or be on our board.
(2) It will help us target people to reach out to in order to increase engagement.
(3) It will also help to identify inactive contacts to weed out and archive.
At present identifying all of these requires a manual process to look up each person and check their email history - horribly cumbersome.
Joshua Cohn-Lois commented
We're in a similar situation at my organization: filed a ticket and was told there was no way to do this, had to look at each account's email log.
This idea would indeed be really helpful, but perhaps detrimental to Wild Apricot's bottom line since we could use it to better trim our contacts and never go over the limits of our current tier.
Dmitry Buterin commented
Becky, yes you can select to receive email notifications, e.g. go to http://forums.wildapricot.com/error-notfound
Dimitry, sorry about the delay in responding. Is there a way we can be emailed or notified when there is a response to a wishlist item?
Yes a percentage of emails opened would also be a valuable addition to the search parameters. I haven't seen anyone else comment on this request, yet I know it would be valuable to all!
Dmitry Buterin commented
Thanks for posting - this looks useful so I hope to hear from other users with similar needs - please post here!
Becky - re 'number of emails opened' - do you think a percentage of emails opened might be useful too?