Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Have Address field type - e.g. to auto fill city based on ZIP or to validate address

Is it possible to have someone put information in one field of their contact record and then have that information automatically fill in another field?

For example, on our website we are asking for City and ZIP code. Considering how poorly some folks spell the name of their location, I have a drop-down listing of all the cities/towns in WA state. I also have the ZIP code that is assigned to that city. I'd like people to enter only their ZIP code and then have the website automatically enter the name of the city based upon that ZIP code.

I have a third party program that does that, but not sure it cold be used with WA.

Thanks,

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PaulPaul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the best way to address this is to have Address as a special type of field which gives a set of fields to fill in. Admin then can have many addresses (like Home, Work, etc.) for contacts and the system will know how to handle this kind of field – including convenient data entry with converting ZIP into City, etc.
    I renamed the idea to have Address in title

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the best way to address this is to have Address as a special type of field which gives a set of fields to fill in. Admin then can have many addresses (like Home, Work, etc.) for contacts and the system will know how to handle this kind of field - including convenient data entry with converting ZIP into City, etc.
        I will rename the topic.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[quote user="jim"]Sorry we currently do not have this functionality.[/quote]

Could you add this to your wishlist for consideration at a later date?

Thanks,

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7