Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Consolidated event announcements

We run 3-5 events per week, so using the scheduled event email blasts are not an option as we would be bombarding people with emails all the time.

What would be great if we could consolidate all of the events in a single email and send that as a newsletter. I imagine it being something like the events list that could be inserted into the email like a widget or gadget.

Is there a way to do something like this currently?

Thanks Kerrie-Anne

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisCChrisC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization typically has multiple events on 4-5 days per week. Combine that with up to 3 announcements per event and we are creating an email blizzard. The solution Kerrie-Anne suggested would be a huge improvement.

Another approach might be to give members a choice in their email preferences to choose whether or not to consolidate and at what frequency (daily vs weekly). Consolidated announcements would be sent automatically.

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking for the exact same functionality as Kerrie-Anne suggested. We're currently using a trial version of WA but would love to find this feature get added.

• vtancredivtancredi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what we need.
        We're a non profit, enterprise level paid subscriber to Wild Apricot, and we love it but the need to manually create newsletters listing our events is our biggest challenge due to the template restrictions.
        The perfect solution would be an ability to generate a newsletter by selecting upcoming events, responsive for mobile as well. It could just take the first paragraph of text and the picture and that would be fine.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kerrie-Anne,

Sorry, what you have described is not currently possible in Wild Apricot.

Sounds like a good idea though for people who run many events, I will split this off into a separate thread.

• Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, just realised that this is probably in the wrong thread as it relates to consolidating event list instead of the automated event email notifications - saw the bit about consolidation from the first poster and was the closest I could find to what I am asking!

Still keen to know if this is possible in the current system tho!

Cheers

Kerrie-Anne

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7