Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Searching by and reporting on invoiced/paid by area by person

I would like to be able to search by the amount a person has paid money to the organization, across the board: membership, event, donation, etc. Right now I can do it only by choosing membership and/or donation, but don't see how I can capture event payment info in the search criteria.

-AY

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex YaroslavskyAlex Yaroslavsky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex YaroslavskyAlex Yaroslavsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am talking about both.

I would want the fields as search criteria (to identify people who have contributed money to our organization in whatever form), but in responding to your previous question realized that it would be great to see a report like this for an individual person (or persons).

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex,

yes, this help, thanks.

Let me confirm

Are you talking about just using these amount as search criteria to select records? If so, what is the overall workflow - why do you need to select these and how would you use this afterwards?

or are you talking about some kind of report by person?

• Alex YaroslavskyAlex Yaroslavsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All good questions.

For my specific purposes, I would be interested in the amount actually paid. However, I could see others carrying about invoiced amounts. When it doubt, I would offer a choice.

As to your second question, it would be much more useful if I could see the amounts broken down by area. So the result might look like

1/1/10 - 1/1/11 Membership Events Donations Other Total

Invoiced $xxxx $xxxx $xxxxx $xxxx $xxxx

Received $xxxx $xxxx $xxxxx $xxxx $xxxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total $xxxx $xxxx $xxxxx $xxxx $xxxx

Each of these could be a criteria which I could select from the Criteria form.

Does this help?

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex,

So in Wild Apricot terms we would talk about total invoiced amount, correct? (Or actually paid?)

Do you need the total only - or by area (membership/events/donations/other)?

Overall total or for a specific time period?

Overall, I would appreciate more details about the workflow on how this would be used.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7