Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Online payment discount for event registrations

Current behavior:
For event registrations, whether people choose online or manual payment, this does not affect the price.

Desired behavior:
Becauseof possible no-shows, it is desirable to be able to motivate people topre-pay online instead of manually or at the door. Thus, administratorshould be able to specify a discount applicable for onlineregistrations (probably a dollar amount)

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles PenaCharles Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had been using a discount for system that was a lot of trouble to have 2 prices but if the invoice could automatically change the price this would be a bit of a help. But our biggest problem is finding a way to allow online payments for a deposit but not on the balance.

• kbroderskbroders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kind of a big deal for us. We have a mix of older people who like to use checks and younger people who like to pay on-line. We have a pretty small budget and absorbing the on-line fees isn't ideal. Raising prices for everyone to provide a convenience for some doesn't seem fair.

We tried implementing a cash discount system with instructions but everyone got confused. What we are doing now is just having one fee for both -- a compromise. That's okay for most things.

We can manage without this feature -- heck, we can manage without all of the features that I've posted on, Wild Apricot is a great product -- but it would be nice to have.

• kbroderskbroders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like an option for the opposite. Online payment costs us a service charge. Manual payment does not. It would be nice to provide a "cash discount" (like service stations do) if they choose Manual payment.

Due to the terms of credit card companies, we are not supposed to show the cash price and add a finance fee if they choose online pay (which WA doesn't support anyway) but we can offer a cash discount if WA supported it.

Essentially a cash discount would consist of all confirmation messages on the screen and in emails to indicate the discounted price that the member should mail in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7