Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Online payment discount for event registrations

Current behavior:
For event registrations, whether people choose online or manual payment, this does not affect the price.

Desired behavior:
Becauseof possible no-shows, it is desirable to be able to motivate people topre-pay online instead of manually or at the door. Thus, administratorshould be able to specify a discount applicable for onlineregistrations (probably a dollar amount)

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles PenaCharles Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had been using a discount for system that was a lot of trouble to have 2 prices but if the invoice could automatically change the price this would be a bit of a help. But our biggest problem is finding a way to allow online payments for a deposit but not on the balance.

• kbroderskbroders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kind of a big deal for us. We have a mix of older people who like to use checks and younger people who like to pay on-line. We have a pretty small budget and absorbing the on-line fees isn't ideal. Raising prices for everyone to provide a convenience for some doesn't seem fair.

We tried implementing a cash discount system with instructions but everyone got confused. What we are doing now is just having one fee for both -- a compromise. That's okay for most things.

We can manage without this feature -- heck, we can manage without all of the features that I've posted on, Wild Apricot is a great product -- but it would be nice to have.

• kbroderskbroders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like an option for the opposite. Online payment costs us a service charge. Manual payment does not. It would be nice to provide a "cash discount" (like service stations do) if they choose Manual payment.

Due to the terms of credit card companies, we are not supposed to show the cash price and add a finance fee if they choose online pay (which WA doesn't support anyway) but we can offer a cash discount if WA supported it.

Essentially a cash discount would consist of all confirmation messages on the screen and in emails to indicate the discounted price that the member should mail in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base