Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Page visible to public, but not visible to members

We have a "Join today" page. I'd like to only make that page visible to people who are not members. Once you've logged in, there's no need to show the "Join Now" page.

In other words, I'd like to have "not" logic to the restrictions for the pages.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Alcott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marty,

Implementing what you need is very easy.

Create two Home pages, Home (Non Member) and Home (Member). Choose Home (Non Member) as the default page. You will have to maintain two pages though.

Under Settings -> Starting Page -> Default page after logon -> choose Home (Member).

• Georg Reichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be implemented on the page level and/or gadget level, which would allow creating pages looking different for public/authenticated users.

I'd expect the options expanded/changed to:
        - All (instead of public)
        - Restricted:
        + Public
        + Group 1
        + ...
        + Admin only

• Marty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want a "LOGIN" menu item in the main navigation menu. But when a member has logged in I want that login item to go away.

Why is there not an easy way to restrict access to pages in reverse? Like RESTRICT to PUBLIC ONLY non-logged in members.

the LOGIN menu item seems redundant in the menu otherwise, and my users are not savvy enough to know how to login with the little cool gadget in the top right corner of the homepage.

Feedback and Knowledge Base