Open poll for public not only for logged in members
From a client:
Our polls need to be able to be open to the public and not just logged in members.
Robin Sapiro commented
So with the same issues mentioned by many others in this thread and having tried Survey Monkey, I finally settled on using Google Forms. It is free if you have a GMail (free) or GSuite (paid) account.
What I really like about Google forms are the following:
1. No sign on required
2. Questions can be conditional based on answers to previous questions
3. You can have the responses automatically go to a Google sheet and once that sheet is defined, you can add any of the usual formulas to that sheet to keep track of various column data
4. You can optionally configure if you want to be notified by email whenever anyone responds to the poll.
5. Because the results are already in a sheet - you can copy these to an Excel or Open Office sheet on your PC at any time
6. (And this is the best) if you are sending your members/contacts a link to the form, you can actually build that link in an email (for your members and contacts anyway) to prefill selected fields in the form with their personal data from the WA database, so no need for them to type in their name or email address etc (if these are required) when responding to the poll.
You can always of course send links with no prefilled data for people not on your WA database.
I have also switched to using these forms for event registration (most of our events are free to members) and really all that I need to know is how many are attending and if there are any dietary preferences.
I was very excited to see the polls capability and created a poll but was so dissapointed that our members need to log in.
I would like the ability to select public or members only. So many of our members are seniors and uncomfortable with the computer. They will not bother to submit a poll.
I am sad to be replicating the poll in survey monkey so that members will respond.
Please add this public capability
They should also be available in the member app so that we can use them for event feedback.
Grant Sheehan commented
Polls/Surveys: could we have the choice of making it an open (do not have to sign in to complete the poll/survey), closed (you have to sign in to complete the poll/survey)
Richard Sipley commented
We would like to poll event attendees - members & guests using the event attendee list. Limiting it to just members limits the feedback opportunity and doesn’t support new member recruitment. And, members should not have to log in to take the poll!! Having that as a requirement may cause members not to respond.
Luchia Brown commented
Would like to be able to survey all contacts, even if they are not members. Being a member, or the membership level, could be a filter for polling, but It would still be really useful if we had polls outside of membership. I don't want to make people have to log in to take a poll.
Luchia Brown commented
It would be helpful if polls were not under membership. We would like to conduct a neighborhood poll, but I don't want to make people log in to take the poll. Plus, not everyone in our neighborhood is a member, but we still want to be able to survey them because their opinions are valuable to us.
We send out evaluations of all our events, which include members and non-members. It would be nice to send a poll to just the attendees of an event. We currently use an outside service to do this.