Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Automatically Add Event Registrants to Group

When members register for a paid event, we give them access to pages that are protected for that membership level. Those pages are accessible from a main page that shows up in their top menu navigation. This is easy enough for the admin to do, but we have to do it one at a time and they don't have immediate access after registering. I'd like for members who register for a specific Event to automatically be added to a specific Group.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pedro Naranjo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My case is simply to automate the selling of content pages. When the user is register to X event, they can gain access to a certain group that will in turn, give them access to the pages for that group.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this for a different reason. We have linked events where you can't register for the second event until you have registered for the first. We use the WA registration code system but it is not a very robust option since the code can simply be emailed to anyone else.

Adding registrants from event 1 to a group and then creating group based events in addition to the level based events would provide a much more secure "if registered for event A, then register for event B, else not"

Feedback and Knowledge Base