I wish there was a way to apply expenses to an event.
Lorna Fisher commented
I agree with Roger Brooks. If a payment could be added, similar to an invoice, that would contain line items so it could be identified with an event would be great. The amount would then go to AffiniPay and be reimbursed to the account specified.
Roger Brooks commented
IMHO, the descriptions in the comments to date do not go far enough. This is what we need from an expenses module:
1. Ability to enter an expense item and upload a corresponding receipt. This could be of general use.
2. It should be possible to assign the expense to a category. In the case of event expenses, it should be possible to assign expenses to a particular event.
3. It should be possible to track expense reimbursement, whether paid out manually or credited via PayPal.
4. It should be possible to weigh the expenses of an event against the revenue in something like a cashflow or profit/loss report, to get an idea of the net result.
5. To make it really useful, there should also be a way to set a budget and to track budget vs. actual (ideally for both income and expenses).
David Fogel commented
This sounds like it would be a good feature.
I believe the feature request as I read it above:
* Configure a monthly, bi-weekly, etc, recurring expense and provide a description - similar to the invoice feature
* Payment handling can be separate from Wild Apricot and does not have to be part of the initial feature roll out
* The ability to generate reports from all of the recurring payments.
Monroe Mann commented
I agree. The 'quickbooks' and 'exporting' and 'accounting' features are all essentially useless because I have to do all of the event expenses on paper. I want to export an entire picture of how much profit I made. And the 'monthly WA' fee AND the paypal credit card fee should be included automatically in the expenses.
AdminEvgeny Zaritovskiy (VP Technology of Wild Apricot by Personify, Wild Apricot by Personify) commented
Can you elaborate, please?