Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. Email Template thumbnails

I am really unhappy that you have removed the ability to put thumbnails up for templates. It makes finding the templates so much easier. I don't understand what possible benefit can come from taking away organizational tools.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Dmitry Smirnov responded

System automatically generates email template thumbnails based on actual content.

2. Ability to copy a gadget or a whole layout in new email editor

The new email editor released in v7.6 makes it easier to create good looking layouts with mixtures of gadgets. One thing that makes it difficult to be productive is the inability to copy a gadget or layout with gadgets that has been laboriously configured. If it was possible to duplicate a gadget or a layout with gadgets preconfigured it would be so much easier to build a template. Right now there is a fairly long "rework" of existing templates that really need to be recreated from scratch, and people resist the urge because they think it will take a long…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email Previews do not look like emails in Outlook

Previews do not even look close to what my Outlook email receives sometimes. It would be helpful to have more accurate representation of what is being sent to my clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Turn off all email functionality for trial - have it be opt-in

Please turn off the capability to send emails without warning for trial accounts!

Five minutes after uploading my contacts for the first time, I ended up accidentally emailing someone. That feature should be turned off immediately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each trial account has emailing disabled until administrator explicitly turn it on.

5. Maintain border and margin formats for photos in emails

When I format pictures with margins and borders they look fine in the edit mode of emails, but when they arrive at the inbox they disappear, allowing the photo to touch the text that wraps around it. Fix that, please.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customizing Emails

We need to be able to modify our emails the same way we can modify our websites. The templates are a good start, but we should be able to add or remove sections (columns) and include dividers. I don't like being confined to a template... my newsletters have a lot of content and I don't want it to read like a long email. I want it to look like a constant contact email. This might be a deal-breaker as our emails are one of the most important elements of our organization.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable Email html to embed iFrame content

We use services like SMORE to send out professional newsletter structures. Email function should allow <iFrame> embedding in emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Default standard opening and closing HTML code for emails and email templates

Why? So we don't have to add
    <div style="margin-left:5px;margin-right:5px;">
    to the start of every email. 1. It's a pain in the butt to do it, and 2. It's way too easy for naive editors to remove it.

The reason for needing this margin is because, otherwise, WA emails run right up to the edge of a mobile screen, making it look unprofessional (NO other comparably formatted email in my inbox runs right to the edge), look like it was cut off, and unappealing to the eye.

The default code should be specifiable for opening and closing of the HTML section,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As far as I understand your request, you want to insert unclosed html tags in the begining of the email and then close it at the end. Such behavior will not allow the rest of the email to render, so we can’t allow that.

However the new email editor has default margins (20px), so content on mobile screens will not stick to the edges.

9. Export email failures and delivered information to Excel

It would be nice to be able to export (email log) results for failures and delivered emails. Then I would be able to provide information on WHO received, opened and clicked on an email. This would help with getting 'failures' fixed too.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Autosave while composing email template

I was just composing a lng email when for no appearent reason, the content disappeared and I was kick back to the "select a template" menu page. It would be good to have a dependable, periodic system save during the email composition process.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Autosave is now implemented for both email templates. You will not loose your work in case of accidental closing browser or glitch in your computer.

Changes to email templates are automatically saved every 5 seconds. If your browser crashes or you accidentally reload the page, you’ll be prompted to continue editing the auto-saved version the next time you open the template for editing.

11. Test emails are very slow

When I am drafting emails, I want to send a test email to my address to check the links, proofread, and circulate to others for content approval.

I find that the test emails take an inordinate amount of time to be delivered - sometimes not until the next day. Test emails should be prioritized so that they are delivered as quickly as possible so that the drafting process doesn't take too long.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Husky responded

This issue was fixed a few months ago. Have you noticed any delays in sending test email during the last couple of months?

12. saving emails

i often get kicked out while doing an email and even though it says auto saved, it did not. Would love to have a button to save as we go along and not rely on auto save for emails

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done long ago. There is now a ‘save’ link in a top left corner of the email wizard.

13. allows from emails from our domain

add email addresses tied to our domain

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Prioritize Test Emails Ahead of "Final" Email Blasts

From time to time, there are delays in receiving emails sent through Wild Apricot. In a perfect world, this would not happen but it is understandable as there will be times of high volume.

If, however, test emails were prioritized higher than "final" email blasts, we could review emails and get them sent and move on to another task knowing that this task was complete (even though members may be waiting to receive it).

As it is, the administrator must wait as long (it seems) as an email blast for each test to come through before making additional edits or…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue was fixed a few months ago. Have you noticed any delays in sending test email during last couple of months?

15. custom email layouts

It would be great if there was a way to add new custom email layouts or customize already existing ones. For example, I want to have a single-column layout with 10 or more rows.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Custom email layouts are implemented in the latest version of email editor.

16. Easy test of email's links before sending blast

Easy way (or automatic) to test an email's links before sending. And when the link is to an event, indicate what event it currently links to. When I look at the link code, I see an event number. When I look at Edit Link, I see a list of events, the one corresponding to that number is NOT highlighted. So I choose the correct event again, just in case. That's a loop. (Yes, I do send myself a test before a blast. That's how I discovered I'd linked to the wrong event. Now, because I can't SEE the results of…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. explain..

I am surprised that you spent so much time on changing the interface for emails. This was unexpected. I understood and accepted the fact the fact that you had to invest time and money into the architecture of this product to be able to provide features to your customers at a higher quality and a faster time to market. I would like to understand how this area was chosen to be redesigned over all of the other items on our wish list? This area only impacts the administrators of the system. I am not sure you advanced this area at…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

Hi Katheryn!

Let me start from appreciating your feedback – it takes time to write down comments and I value it a lot.

I also share your frustration about “Not sure why you are asking for feedback and preferences from your customers” – I can see that you’ve been using our Wishlist forum a lot, voted for a number of ideas. You’ve spent time on it, and you want to see some results back from us. Not seeing good enough progress creates an impression that we’re doing nothing and basically are lying that we want to hear our customers. I can totally understand this and as I said, I do share your frustration about this.

Having said this, let me share some internal details that may clarify our position – or may not :)

As you mentioned, we “had to invest time and money into the architecture of this product…

18. Can you give the email blast preview the option to view it in a mobile version? The email doesn't look the same as a full view using Gmail

Can you give the email blast preview the option to view it in a mobile version? The email doesn't look the same as a full view using Gmail as compared to viewing it on a cell phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you compose email blast and click on Preview & Send button, there are 3 preview modes you can use:
    Preview for: Mobile (300 px) | Mobile and desktop (600 px) | Desktop (900 px)
    This should help

19. Email non-members

I can easily filter contacts in the simple search by non-members. However, the only way to save a search is in the advanced search and there is no contact criteria, only member criteria. I want to be able to email all non-members that are in our contact database. I've searched the site and cannot find anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Contacts, use Advanced search, choose “Contact properties” search criteria, “none of selected” and check “Member”. This’ll do.

20. Gmail

In June, Gmail updated their DMARC policy to p=reject, which means that any mail sent through a third party with a Gmail "from" address will be rejected (bounced) by most receiving domains.

While this is being done in an effort to stop spammers from spoofing email addresses, it has the unfortunate side-effect of getting in the way of totally legitimate senders like us. How will this affect our emails, but bulk and individual, thru Wild Apricot?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?