Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Autoarchive function for Blog Posts

We use the blog function to post news items for our members and other site visitors. We currently have a very long collection of posts that should be deleted so they are not visible. It would be helpful to have the ability to select multiple posts at one time to delete or archive them all.

Alternatively, if there was a setting in the Blog gadget that enabled us to select 15/30/60/90 day autoarchiving rule, then these posts would automatically disappear into archive at the designated time. This would be a great help in terms of administrative time needed to otherwise delete each post individually.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Barry NicolleBarry Nicolle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnthonyAnthony shared a merged idea: Auto Archive Blog Posting  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StanisStanis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the option to archive old blog posts as well, both manually and automatically.

For example, we use the blog module to post job openings on our website for our members. I would like to be able to set the number of days that the job posting is visible after which it would be automatically archived and hidden.

I would also like to have the option to manually archive the blog post before the set date if the job is no longer available and unarchive the blog post if our member wants to extend the posting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7