Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Matrix Questions As Field Type

I am trying to add a matrix question to our website as a membership field. The question would be set up as follows.

Column 1 header "Are you doing business here?"

Column 2 header "Would you like to be doing business here?"

Row 1 header "England"

Row 2 header "France"

The option would be to check all that apply.

I know that matrix questions such as these are not currently recognized as field types. Regardless, if I build this question in HTML is it possible to have Wild Apricot recognize the answers to column 1 as one multiple choice question and recognize the answers in column 2 as another multiple choice question? Please let me know how I can make that happen.

Thanks,

Netia

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

netia1128@hotmail.comnetia1128@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way WA can "recognize" something and put it into a member's profile is only through common or membership fields. So, frankly I do not see how one can workaround matrix type of question using current WA settings.

Why is it important to have it as a matrix comparing to 4 checkbox type fields instead Like "Are you doing business in England?", "Would you like to be doing business in England" and same for France?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7