Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Chart of Accounts export to QuickBooks

An additional level of detail beyond “class” or replacing "class" that could associate with the Chart of account codes set up in quickbooks would save time and errors by identifying income categories automatically. I assign a general ledger account code to each invoice/payment to coordinate with the bookkeeper in the notes field that must be read manually. Could a separate field be available that QB would recognize on import.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David CooperDavid Cooper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug JohanningsmeierDoug Johanningsmeier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dmitry I would suggest adding GL code tracking at any point Income is going to be registered in WA. Donations, event registrations, memberships, etc.. If there are monies coming in it needs to be assigned to proper GL codes in QuickBooks. I have multiple divisions of bank accounts under a main to accommodate different types of restrictions imposed on that income. Need to be able to designate which bank account in QB as well as GL codes.

• LeBon AbercrombieLeBon Abercrombie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chart of Accounts account name should be an entry in each registration type type for events as we keep revenue for each event separately in QuickBooks. Also, sub-accounts for Quickbooks should be supported for the QB Export function.

• SCDFSCDF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you David. However, we also use classes in QuickBooks and we need the information that this field provides, especially since it is the only place that gives us the details on what event or membership level. I think you can accomplish what you are asking by customizing the QuickBooks export settings. It allows you to associate a Chart of Account income item.

Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7