Sponsor/Advertiser Management Module
We would like to sell ad space in our footer and/or header areas to sponsors and other advertisers.
While it is possible to do this manually, with separate billing etc., it would be very helpful to have a tool to manage the process, including:
* receipt and storage of an ad or logo
* scheduling of its presentation (ie start date, stop date, duration etc)
* selection of which pages it would appear on
* billing and collection via credit card
As for many organizations, I am sure this wouild provide a means of cost-effectively generating revenues and site traffic.
Krystlyn Giedt commented
Need the slideshow widget to be able to link to webpages so I can sell ads! <3
Felix Figuereo commented
For now we can integrate an ad manager [3rd party solution] and as it runs the management interphase outside WA, you can then place the ads and manager their placement/display/inventory off site.
Let us know if you would like to discuss further.
Mark Michelson commented
Sponsorships with banner sizes.
We sell banner ads on our website. With another association I created, we actually auction them off. Would be ideal to have a variety of preset system wide and/or page specific ads available for $x amount - where we can use the site to promote the sponsor ads as well as manage their timing, rotation and visibility.
Ed T commented
and banner ads on any page!
MV Chamber commented
Would like to be able to create Widgets to place Ads on blog posts, and to be able to select specific blog posts or categories for where they appear.
Refreshing this topic… When you seek sponsors it would be great to have something easy to sell you can offer them.
1) Create an "Ad Gadget", that you can easily drag to its intended space depending on your page layout.
2) You could then select which membership levels will see the ad and for which it is invisible. For example "Free" membership levels are ad supported while "Premium" memberships are "ad free".
3) Let sponsors be able to create a contact in the database and manage their ads in their accounts/member profiles by ordering and paying their ads via the website directly. Billing and invoicing uses the membership system then.
Sorry, no progress here and we do not expect any in 2011
I congratulate you guys on the latest update -its great -1 Oct 09
I am wondering if you guys could add an advertising component where you can place adverts on your pages and be able to track impressions and click throughs-
eg Google has just launched their admanager -
Allowing sponsors and business members to donate and get their adverts or names rotated with metrics on the dashboard would an incentive to givers.
Just a thought
We do something like this, on a separate "market place" page. Currently we tie it to sponsorship. But better tools are always nice.