Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Wild Apricot in other languages

Current behavior:
Wild Apricot administration is only available in English. Websites and emails can use different languages, but system pages and gadgets may contain some uneditable English text.

Desired behavior:
Support different language sets, which will update all labels to the selected language.

60 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry Ivanov (CTO) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminApricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I understand the importance of internationalization for your organization (and many others), but I'd like to be transparent on this: this is not in our priorities for now and I expect no progress in this year in 2018.

• LibraryGuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my voice to this chorus. It is really time Wild Apricot entered the wider world of i18n! As a Canadian organisation, we will need to move to another platform after our next renewal if WA continues to ignore internationalisation. (Except for the membership site our web presence is bilingual.) Here's an example comment (translated) from one of our Montreal members:

Hello,
        As a new member belonging to the University of Montreal group, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact your site is not completely bilingual, and it's a real shame. The member registration forms are entirely in English.

I hope you will find a way to correct the situation in the near future. The association has a chapter [here] and we are working hard at recruiting students ... a fully bilingual page would certainly have a positive impact.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess if we keep asking hopefully it moves up the priority list. We are an organization in Canada with regional chapters. We use Wild Apricot in English speaking Canada but our Quebec chapter who would also like to sign up can't due to the language issues. It's been a great tool for us where we use it but would love to have everyone in our organization share in the same benefits as we do.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is truly incredible. CTO started this thread in 2006, here we are 10 years, 8 months 21 days later... nothing!

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would definitely need pages in two, even three languages. The fact that this option is not possible may well keep us from signing up with you.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Bumping this too. We would need to have the member profile page in two separate languages (at least). So when clicking on a member's name from the search page they would be served the profile page in the corresponding language. Duplicating/customizing the names of database fields only gets us half way. It would be great if there was a duplicate profile page where we could then choose the modified fields (perhaps even autofilled for things like email, phone, address, etc.)

Thanks,

M

• Dannie Ømark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To execute manual work, it would be very nice if more headlines could be translatet from WA to excel.

• Simon Yeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multi-lingual support to allow users to change the website into different languages.

• Verein CHaMuse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I was just searching for solutions for how to enable multilanguage support on wildapricot and found this forum topic. We have the same issue as many below. We are an association in Switzerland and our main languages are German and French. Many of the technical elements remain in English. So I can highly encourage the development in that direction :)
        Kind regards!

• Lana Osipova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our members are Russian-speaking women, who live in Spain. So most of them speak Russian or Spanish. We are looking forward to get this feature for WA ASAP. Thank you!

• Mike Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate that most of a Wild Apricot site can be localized now with the templating system.

However, for me the last remaining major sticking point are the forms. Given that the forms (particularly the sign-up for membership and event registration) are the two most important interactions for any club / organization, the inability to edit labels like ("Register", "Next", etc.) is a huge liability for us since our members will likely be confused or unsure how to proceed (we're located in Taiwan where Chinese is the major written language). Instead, we still have to depend on Google Forms and manual input for event registration.

I want to be able to utilize the full potential of Wild Apricot - to do that, I need to be able to sign up new members and register for events directly on our site. Please try to find a way to make those important labels localizable.

Thanks.

• AD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

French and English are the two most widely used languages in the world and very many associations operate in both languages (with Spanish not far behind). Can it really be that a Canadian company has not been able to create full dual language capability after so many years? We looked at your product as a possible tool but our need is French first (and English second). Also the ability to do finances in more than $ (try € Euros). Sorry this is not possible as it looks like an interesting product.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base