Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Wild Apricot in other languages

Current behavior:
Wild Apricot administration is only available in English. Websites and emails can use different languages, but system pages and gadgets may contain some uneditable English text.

Desired behavior:
Support different language sets, which will update all labels to the selected language.

45 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry Ivanov (CTO)Dmitry Ivanov (CTO) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mike PalmerMike Palmer shared a merged idea: Internationalize WA  ·   · 
    Tony SebastiaoTony Sebastiao shared a merged idea: Lacalization, Language support  ·   · 
    fionafiona shared a merged idea: bilingual sites  ·   · 

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Verein CHaMuseVerein CHaMuse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I was just searching for solutions for how to enable multilanguage support on wildapricot and found this forum topic. We have the same issue as many below. We are an association in Switzerland and our main languages are German and French. Many of the technical elements remain in English. So I can highly encourage the development in that direction :)
        Kind regards!

• Lana OsipovaLana Osipova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our members are Russian-speaking women, who live in Spain. So most of them speak Russian or Spanish. We are looking forward to get this feature for WA ASAP. Thank you!

• Mike PalmerMike Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate that most of a Wild Apricot site can be localized now with the templating system.

However, for me the last remaining major sticking point are the forms. Given that the forms (particularly the sign-up for membership and event registration) are the two most important interactions for any club / organization, the inability to edit labels like ("Register", "Next", etc.) is a huge liability for us since our members will likely be confused or unsure how to proceed (we're located in Taiwan where Chinese is the major written language). Instead, we still have to depend on Google Forms and manual input for event registration.

I want to be able to utilize the full potential of Wild Apricot - to do that, I need to be able to sign up new members and register for events directly on our site. Please try to find a way to make those important labels localizable.

Thanks.

• ADAD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

French and English are the two most widely used languages in the world and very many associations operate in both languages (with Spanish not far behind). Can it really be that a Canadian company has not been able to create full dual language capability after so many years? We looked at your product as a possible tool but our need is French first (and English second). Also the ability to do finances in more than $ (try € Euros). Sorry this is not possible as it looks like an interesting product.

• LucieLucie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a national association which services French members across Canada. We are quite pleased with the many features of our Wild Apricot website and the quick response when we have questions, thank you for the great work. However, we are receiving complaints regarding the English only instructions linked to the membership management system pages and some of the other features of our website such as “Login”, “Forgot password” etc not featured in French. Obviously, if we would not have been able to have a French content website, your services however really great and pricing so fare affordable, would not have been an option for our organisation. Our hope is to have our website and membership management system fully bilingual.

Thank you in advance for the effort you will put into providing this future service, it will be more than appreciated.

• fionafiona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the websites to be bilingual. Make it easy to change to a different theme and maintain a bilingual site without having to pay a developer to it for us.

We are a bilingual association (mostly French speaking) located in Quebec, Canada. We enjoy many of the features of our new Wild Apricot website but receive daily complaints about the amount of english only instructions on the site and the English only automatic emails members receive. We appreciate that the website allows for an English and French version of the main content pertaining to our Association and we have translated all emails that we send out (receipts, reminders etc) to our members but find it frustrating that our members get some things only in English. This is the MAJOR complaint of the majority of our members.

We would like to be able to translate all the information on the website including instructions to the members, and words in the advance search, which the general public has access to. We would also like to be able to translate all automatic emails sent to our members. A three quarter bilingual website is mostly just frustrating. :(

Thanks

• MergeMerge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is long overdue. This post was generated 8 years ago! We all (Wild Apricot users) have to use the forum to urge WA to fast track this!!!

• mdavidmdavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I've searched around and it seems that you does not yet support bilingual member application or forms. Is that correct?

I've configured my site to be a bilingual site but the forms are still in English.

I'm with a bilingual association and you know, Wild Apricot is based in Toronto, Canada, a bilingual country so it will be nice to have more multilingual support.

You have a great software but I will start shopping around if I cannot build a fully bilingual site.

Mathieu

Although we are pleased to be able to offer a bilingual site to our members and to the general Quebec public, it would be very helpful to be able to fully translate everything on the site. There is still too many words that are not possible to translate. This makes registration and renewals very arduous for our french members. We try to help by sending emails to our members and translating key words to assist them but it is not very satisfactory. I end up having to assist some members by phone simply to renew their membership. Receipts and invoices also cannot be made fully bilingual which is a great irritation to our members. This inability to fully translate the site into both english and french is the greatest complaint against our new wild apricot website. We would like to know if we can announce to our members that it will ever be possible to have a fully french site using your software.

• axelrtgsaxelrtgs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also second the Multi Language support.

It would be nice to have the whole site in a different language and not have to rely on a hack to get a simple multi language functionality where the whole site is not in the other language.

This is an old request, can we add this into the queue for 5.1?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7