Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Members who are in arrears can't register for events? Since when? How inconvenient is this?

I don't know of a single association that doesn't have members in arrears past their renewal date that are kept on the books. Someone had the bright idea to automatically keep members out of events if they're past their registration date. In theory, I understand why this was a requested change, though I can't remember seeing the request. But a toggle should be made either in the setup on the backend or for each event to allow pending members register for an event. I mean, common sense, people! You have no idea how insanely inconvenient this is for us, our office staff and our members!

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Q-Admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our members get 5 email notices before their membership is cancelled. How much more do they need? If they have a problem paying, they need to contact the organization. Otherwise, they get archived. This is life folks.

• TangentRW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We ran into this recently as well, as we have been starting to use the events system more.

Furthermore our accounting meeting for the month is after the first so, for non-electronic payments, the records are not updated at the beginning of the month. The system will show an account that is in arrears even though we have received payment. That means that 40% of our membership could be in this state for as long as two weeks.

It is not reasonable to expect our staff to update the records manually to active every month.

• Ed S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way for the system to facilitate this when renewal invoices are generated, or is the only way for me to handle it to export my member list, change all members to active and re-import?

Feedback and Knowledge Base