We'd like to issue gift certificates through our web site.
We are an aquatic center, and people (both members and non-members) often give one of our training programs to friend and family. We're currently handling this manually.
- Giver can purchase gift certificate on web site.
- System will capture contact (giver) information + recipient information (name, email address, phone for both)
- System will generate and provide unique serial number for each certificate.
- System will email gift certificate to giver
- System will accept serial number as payment when recipient enrolls in program.
Susan Adams commented
I was able to get almost all the required functionality by creating a gift certificate "event". But I hit a snag with the unique serial number and the ability to automagically email the certificate...Can you think of any work-arounds?