Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

539 results found

1. Forte payment processing

It would be great if WA would support the Forte credit card processing terminal. Forte offers highly secure transactions and no monthly fees with a 2.9%+ $.25 rate which is ideal for small users like us. (In case you were wondering, I don't get any kickbacks for new users) We use them for credit card processing and I would love if I could automatically sync the payments (type/description and $amount) with WA instead of having to manually enter the data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New member password

A very nice feature would be the ability to allow the administrator to designate the password for all new members. I find that when they join, they do not make a note of the generated password nor do they go right out and log in. Latter when they want to sign up for an event or look for information contained in the member only side of the site, they cannot get in because they don't know the password. I accept that we must be somewhat of a babysitter and that people will have problems. We communicate with them in newsletters…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

Sorry, this is a security risk – you’re going to use a predefined password and members won’t change it, so there is a good chance that someone can use it and tamper with personal data. Also, there have been no activity here for quite a while.
    Closing.

3. Information on membership Summary Page

When we pay our insurance for our club it is based on the number of family bundles (multiplied by 2) plus individual members. The Membership Summary Page shows the total number of membership bundles, but it does not show the number of active membership bundles. Would it be possible to add this number in parentheses next to the active membership number like you have it next to the total number of family members.

Stan Huie, Fredericksburg Cyclists, Account # 52510

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add user information in hidden input tags to each page

Any page personalization or links to other sites with user identifiers as URL parameters is very complex because this info is only available on the user's profile page and has to be scraped from that page. This results in some very convoluted javascript with cross page dependencies. Also, whenever Wild Apricot changes the format of the profile page, the custom javascript will break.

Can you please add input hidden tags with some key user profile values to every page:

• UserID

• UserName

• UserEmailAddress

like:

<input type="hidden" id="UserID" name="UserID" value="12345678" />

<input type="hidden" id="UserName" name="UserName" value="Joe User" />

<input type="hidden" id="UserEmail" name="UserEmail"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Event Merging

It would really be helpful in managing events to be able to merge two events into one.

For example, we had to close one event record because an item had reached capacity. I would like to merge the two events: “Annual Meeting 2013 Special Events – Closed 1” and “Annual Meeting 2013 Special Events” into one event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. e-Processing Network

Currently, Wild Apricot is the recommended club and association management service by the U.S. National Rifle Association. As such, I personally have implemented it with three groups.

For credit card processing all three use PayPal. Based upon volumes two of them could save money by moving to another service, such as Payment Alliance International, another NRA sponsored vendor.

Unfortunately, Payment Alliance using e-processing network, which is not directly supported by Wild Aprioct. Best of all worlds would be to develop and deploy as an option the support for e-processing network directly. A second alternative would be to leverage Payment Alliance's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom Reminder

within my organisation people are required to have specific qualifications up to date to maintain membership. For example, they must have a level 2 first aid certification. However people get these at different times, and after a period people must renew the certification.

The system in place for renewing membership looks great. it would be even better to be able to use this not just to renew membership. but to be set up to remind people when other things they need to update come along as well. having an option in the contact database to add a date and have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, there have been no activity here for quite a while, I’m closing the suggestion.

8. Integration with NelNet

Are there any developers out there that have figured out a way to integrate the NelNet QuickPAY system with Wild Apricot event registration? I run a center at a University and they are very strict about payment gateways. I have to use NelNet but it isn't directly supported here. Anyone know a way to make it work?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Event Data Available in Macro

I would like to have a history of event registrations available in a macro. I created a template for our non renewals. I want to show the value of their membership and past activity with CCN. Right now I have to copy/paste their activity into the template.

Here is an example:

From: Christian Coaches Network [mailto:admin@scroll.christiancoaches.com admin@scroll.christiancoaches.com ]
    Subject: CCN Events and Renewal

Marcie,

Our system told us that your renewal is past due. I'm just checking to see if perhaps you had a technical glitch with our renewal process or maybe you have a question about your renewal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In your scenario, you will have send such an email manually – as you do not know for sure if a member has had any events history. To do it properly, there should be conditional logic – like "if there are events, then send , otherwise " – and this is totally different ball game.
    Sorry, there have been no activity here for quite a while and I’m closing the suggestion.

10. Member seller listings to share with others

Hello. I am very pleased with your product. I run an association that works in the Mergers & Acquisitions space. One of the essential services I need to provide is a listing page that can be searched, printed out, etc. Is it possible to integrate an Access Database into one of the pages?

Also, we do collaboration and have document retrieval requirements. Any plans to integrate SharePoint?

Thanks.

Paul

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  12 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Event Registrations and Payment routed to external site

I am a small scuba diving club - The Whalers Dive Club http://www.whalersdiveclub.com (less than 100 members); most of our events free such as monthly meetings; a few special events require registration and a fee. WildApricot event registration, reminders and payment processing works great for these.
    However, we outtask all of our monthly and annual dive trips to an outside organization. Registration and payment must be made to them. By doing this I lose visibility to who in our club is going on these trips. I can request the members to register on our web site, and then go to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have RSVP as a separate request and working on it now.
    I do not see us doing special redirect to another site after registration, sorry. Closing.

12. When level renewal policy is changed, apply the changes to all members of the level

When a renewal date is changed for a membership, admins should have an option to update renewal date for all members inside that level.

Currently, the new renewal policy is applied to new members only, while all existing members of the level keep their current renewal date.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ELAVON

When we started with WA almost a year ago, we made it clear that it was important to us to be able to process C/C transactions and that our payment processor was Elavon. We were told that Elavon support was expected to be included in your next release, and this was a major factor in our decision to adopt WA.

As we now know, your solution was based on the use of CRE Secure as an intermediary. Unfortunately, at our relatively low transaction volumes, this solution would nearly double our C/C processing costs, which is not feasible.

On the basis…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically post "Date Last Paid" for annual memberships

Our memberships are annual. We have to send badge stickers via regular mail to people who renew their memberships. If we export financial information when they pay their invoices, there is no mailing address associated with the export.

I had to add another field to the Contact field list that has to be manually updated when a member pays their annual dues. Then, I run an export that contains their address information which goes into an MS Word mail merge doc.

It'd be nice to skip the manual step of updating a member's record with the "Date Last Paid" info.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to send an e-mail to members when their status changes

Would like the ability (a button, for instance, like on the invoice page) to send an e-mail to a member when his/her status changes, as from active to suspended, to explain the reason for the change, and to provide the member with next steps. The reason and steps would be provided by the person changing the status, of course, not WA.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

when someone changes status, they then can click on Email button in the profile to send email with explanations.

16. Avoiding members getting the wrong registration price

(Documenting thoughts based on email dialog with a client)

Wild Apricot allows you to create event registrations with different prices for members and non-members. Member eligibility is checked in one of two ways:

1) if a member is logged in, then we know who he/she is and can check membership level and status

2) otherwise we check the email the enter on the first step, look up the record in your contact database etc.

The problem with #2 is that a person might use a different email by mistake - and then WA wouldn't know about membership and not allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good point, but there have been no activity here and I do not foresee us to change anything here in the nearest future. Closing.

17. Ability to add link to the membership application and renewal workflow screens

Improved customizability of system screens. We use a third party payment processor and need to be able to link to their site from the screen a new or renewing member sees after creating or updating their profile.

We currently send them an invoice with a link to the payment processor site. Of course the new/renewing members don't read the invoice so they don't click the link. Instead, they e-mail or call us.

In the abscence of a "shopping cart" I need to be able to get at the membership application submitted/updated screen to place a link to our separate site…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. sort RSS feed

I'd like to sort the RSS feed for events in reverse order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically adjust join date to 1st of month

I would like the option to have join dates automatically set to the 1st of the month; the simplest is the 1st of the current month; more fancy option is 1st of current month if joined in the first half of the month, else 1st of next month.

Would also like for same logic to apply on renewals.

Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Derived fields in contact DB

In Excel I can have a Date of Birth field, say D2. Then I can have E2 which is the derived year from D2 and F2 which is the derived month from D2 and so on. I can also have H2 which is the year of the current date minus E2. - that is the contacts age in years.

Whenever D2 gets updated, the other fields update automatically.

Should also have the ability to refresh the DB to update fields like H2 on an as required basis as these would obviously be changing from time to time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base