Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

86 results found

1. Quantity field in dynamic pricing of membership dues

I sell variable amounts of workspace along with my monthly membership. I use dynamic pricing with radio buttons but I have to use too many buttons to get the range of variability I need.

I suggest adding a quantity field in the dynamic pricing with the ability to make it a normal part of every months member dues. The dynamic pricing seems to be set up for selling a t-shirt or meal for occasional charges, but I need monthly dynamic pricing with quantity to be added to monthly dues.

My site is www.shoppeople.org

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Do not automatically update renewal date when admin changes level

We use a separate membership level for board members (the need came up when we wanted to have a section of the web site reserved for board members and couldn't find another way to do it other than limiting a section to a specific membership level).

When a member comes on to the board, her/his membership renewal date changes automatically to a year from the date of the change itself. This is a problem for us as the membership renewal date is independent from the board service date (one should not drive the other).

What I would like is for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Manual payments of membership - confusing users.

Since one of the recent updates the payment system was changed which has caused me a lot of problems. Many of my members are not pressing the "review and pay" button. They are printing out the page with that button on it and then they are never actually creating the invoice. If their payment makes it through the mail with the paper copy that is not a big deal, but if I never get their membership payment I have no way of knowing that they started a renewal.

If there is a way to modify the UI to have a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

This is not relevant anymore, system works differently and buttons are called differently. I do not say that now it’s all clear and fine, but this particular suggestion is outdated. Closing.

4. Restrict membership to dues paying members only

I would like to see an enhancement in the way membership forms are taken that will restrict the membership form from creating a profile if a member has submitted an application but has not yet paid their annual membership dues. The way the membership form is currently set up is that it allows a person to sign up for a membership, but does not force them to pay their dues in order to create a profile. Instead, an invoice is created and they have the option to pay or not pay. Paying dues should NOT be an option. Either they…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Membership responded

The request is no longer relevant.
    There is a setting in membership level “New applications” tab called “Payment has to be received in full before membership is activated”. If it is enabled, new members do not receive any special privileges, they are just regular contacts with pending invoice.

5. Membership drive incentive program

I've been thinking for a while now that being able to reward members for signing up or referring other members would be SO great.

A point system would be best, and when a certain amount of points is earned, they can trade them in for merchandise or credit toward renewal etc. But also just a straight automatic credit to their account would be ok too (for example, every application with their name or code they get $5 credit on their membership account).

Is this anything that can be automated - name or code links to them and adds the preset…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding links to member profile pictures [11684]

We are looking at the possibility of adding QR codes to member profiles. This can be done very easily via the member picture option. It works just fine, I can create QR and insert codes to go to websites, pull up google location maps or send SMS messages.

What would be nice is to do something if the site visitor mouse-clicks on the QR code rather than scans it. Simply being able to add a "normal link" to a URL or email address would be a great start and as this can be done anywhere else on the site, hopefully…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to Lapse and Archive Member in separate stages

Hi

It would be great if we could lapse a membership at one date and then archive the record at a later date. At the moment the two only exist at the same date option on the renewal workflow.

The reason for this would be to restrict access to events once the Membership has expired, but allow people to log on to renew. If they do not renew within, say, six months, they could then be archived.

At the moment, to achieve this, we create Membership Levels called Lapsed Individual, with a renewal period of Never (so that they can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Member Field for Application Use Only, Not Afterward

I would like the ability to mark an Internal Use membership database field to be editable but only on the membership application.

Our membership application contains questions like

Once the application is dealt with, these fields shouldn't be visible to anyone but admins. But currently, the closest way to configure them is "Edit in application, visible to member only":

So the member will always see this field in his profile.

I would like the editing and access to be configurable separately:

This way, the member enters it on the application page but doesn't see it afterwards. However, admins can still…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically post "Date Last Paid" for annual memberships

Our memberships are annual. We have to send badge stickers via regular mail to people who renew their memberships. If we export financial information when they pay their invoices, there is no mailing address associated with the export.

I had to add another field to the Contact field list that has to be manually updated when a member pays their annual dues. Then, I run an export that contains their address information which goes into an MS Word mail merge doc.

It'd be nice to skip the manual step of updating a member's record with the "Date Last Paid" info.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to send an e-mail to members when their status changes

Would like the ability (a button, for instance, like on the invoice page) to send an e-mail to a member when his/her status changes, as from active to suspended, to explain the reason for the change, and to provide the member with next steps. The reason and steps would be provided by the person changing the status, of course, not WA.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

when someone changes status, they then can click on Email button in the profile to send email with explanations.

11. Automatically adjust join date to 1st of month

I would like the option to have join dates automatically set to the 1st of the month; the simplest is the 1st of the current month; more fancy option is 1st of current month if joined in the first half of the month, else 1st of next month.

Would also like for same logic to apply on renewals.

Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Flexibility in Displaying Members throughout certain pages

One of our big features that we enjoy currently (we're test driving Wild Apricot) is the ability to display (or call) certain fields (like name & Class Year) of our member list onto other pages dynamically. For example we can show the 'latest or updated members' based on their latest posting. We can further sort the data to show in groups, and very important for us - the ability to display names of alumni who have passed away. Our site has members from graduating classes back to the late 1950's to the present. Also noting by their name as they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include Member ID in the renewal page

In the membership renewal workflow, when it gets to the page with the payment instructions, it would be good if the member ID is displayed. It would help me if we make it easy for people who are paying off-line (manual) to write their member ID on the check.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Member directory - hide unpopulated filter fields

A relatively simple request - for the search filters on the member directory, can we have the option to hide results with zero matches?

Currently, fields with zero matches are "greyed out". However if they could be hidden altogether, this would dramatically reduce the clutter in the filter fields, especially in fields where many options are available.
    Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, it looks like we’re not going to do this. I would suggest using CSS customization to hide such options, it’s possible – just need some HTML experience.

15. Copy Address or other contact info

For individual mailings, it would be helpful to be able to press a button and copy the current contact's basic details - name and address - to Word to make a letter/label.

In some contact databases the control panel for the database allows for a mapping of fields, e.g. DATABASE.SALUTATION+" "+DATABASE.FNAME+" "+DATABASE.LNAME maps to CONTACTNAME and DATABASE.ADDRESS1+", "+DATABASE.ADDRESS2 maps to ADDRESS and similarly "DATABASE.CITY"+", "+DATABASE.PROVINCE+" "+DATABASE.POSTALCODE

When needed, you press a combo of keys or press a button on the screen to copy the defined address to the clipboard and paste it wherever you want it to land.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow negative day(s) offsets in Renewal Policy

Our club needs to send out renewal invoices and reminders on or after the renewal date, not before. It would seem easy :) to implement this by allowing negative day(s) offsets in the Renewal Policy.

We send renewal notices on the renewal date. The member remains in good standing for 60 days, after which they have a short grace period and then become lapsed.

This could be entered on the Renewal Policy by sending the invoice 0 days before renewal date, following up with a reminder 30 days after the renewal date, and then sending the grace period notice 60…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This looks like an exceptional case and no one has commented on this for quite some time. I believe that as a workaround you can use “Renewal day email notice” email as a first reminder, then “Grace period email notice” sent after 30 days as a second reminder and then “Lapsed email” after 60 days to set status to Lapsed.
    Closing the suggestion.

17. Making It Easier To Create Bundle Relationships

I would like to see a way to create the bundle relationships by being able to drag a "child" under a "parent" and then moving the child to the right which then creates the relationship. This shortens the whole process to a couple of seconds and allows for easy visualization of a list of members by showing the hierarchy with the "children" displayed as indented. This type of parent/child is in quickbooks customer accounts and other software that I use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, there have been no activity here for long time and we’re not going to do anything here in the nearest time. Closing.

18. Information on membership Summary Page

When we pay our insurance for our club it is based on the number of family bundles (multiplied by 2) plus individual members. The Membership Summary Page shows the total number of membership bundles, but it does not show the number of active membership bundles. Would it be possible to add this number in parentheses next to the active membership number like you have it next to the total number of family members.

Stan Huie, Fredericksburg Cyclists, Account # 52510

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automated Profile Picture Extraction

It would be great to have an automated way of exporting all pictures, with file names identifying them ( by Member ID), into a single directory.

This is to use these pictures for ID cards.

At present each picture needs to be right-clicked, save-imaged, and given a file name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Limitation on Number of Times You Can Renew at a Certain Level

I would like to see a function that would allow us to limit how many times someone can renew at a certain membership level. For example, we have a student member rate and I would love to only allow them to renew at this level twice, forcing them to then renew at our professional rate the next time they renew. Since most students only take 2-3 years to become professionals in my field, this would prevent people from joining and renewing at a lower rate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base