Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Limiting discount codes

In a previous event registration system I used, I could create coupon codes and then limit the number of times it could be used. The way that I used it was to create each of my sponsor companies their own code, and then limit it to however many discounts they were allowed (i.e. one level of sponsorship gets 2 free attendees to all events, so I would make the coupon be a 100% discount and limit it to being used twice).

Right now, it appears that you can do ONE coupon per registration level. I prefer not to do that for a few reasons, and the primary one being that I can't limit how many times it's used.

In the system I used previously, coupons were separate from events entirely. I'd create them all in one place, and then per event, I could check off which ones could be used. And coupons could be a $$ amount discount or a percentage.

This would be a really useful feature if Wild Apricot were able to add better coupon functioning.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sommer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marv Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For conference registration we use discount codes for various levels of attendees. For example a President's Circle attendee is allowed two free registrations, and two at full price. The registration software we use through our meeting planning company allows is to limit the number of uses of a particular discount code, Wild Apricot does not have this feature. It would be a significant improvement is we could bring our registration process into Wild Apricot, but without this feature we cannot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base