Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Future-dating blog posts

I would like to have a feature added to the Blog module.

In many cases, I will write several blog posts at once, though I would like to have them post in different dates in the future. I am able to do this on blogspot and it is really handy if you want to set up regular posts, reminder posts, etc. and keep the action going!

Would you consider that the blog-post would only post on the (activate) day that is used in the top of each post?

Thanks in advance,
Patty

38 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PattyPatty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is my comment on my need for schedule blogging. I use other tools that read the RSS feed from our blog on Wild Apricot. That RSS feed is then shared to as posts to our Facebook, Twitter, Google + pages and such. The Simple solution would not work because the post is still be posted. You are just hiding it. This kills the ability to have the rest of our social media show the posts when our website is updated.

We need a real scheduler that is available to every other blog out there.
        Thanks

• Emma HillEmma Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, 6 years later there's still no blog scheduler? A blog scheduler would be so useful! I LOVE the simple suggestion of having posts being posted immediately, but hidden until the specified date roles around. Even the simplest, most basic scheduling feature would be a significant improvement. What ever is easiest for wild apricot staff to put up quickly. Please give your bloggers a scheduling feature!

• Angelique ManleyAngelique Manley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Evgeny ... yes I think your "simple plan" would be sufficient for most people's needs and certainly better than nothing. So if going after the simple solution means getting the feature to market sooner...then it has my vote!

• Stuart McClainStuart McClain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

perhaps it would be an easier implementation if there were a setting in the Widget for displaying blog posts that filters based on the 'Author Date/Time" - so you could put a future date in that field - and only have articles/posts display that are equal to or before the current date - then as the the blog post date equals the current date - it will then display as new??

• Shannon PrattShannon Pratt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to schedule blog posts. It would be great to be able to write a blog/news post in advance of when it needs to go live on the website aka write & schedule instead of needing to write & post in the moment.

• fayejohnsonfayejohnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like to schedule a number of blogs to be posted at a later We'd like to schedule a number of blogs to be posted at a later date, like a blog scheduler.? We'd also like to have the blogs in a format, so that they can be shared, tracked and commented on with the ability to attach images and videos. Such as the free tutorials on Phlearn.com.

• CindyCindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be an awesome feature for frequent bloggers. I see comments have been in the queue since 2011. Come on, Wild Apricot, you've already got a date and time out there, pull the trigger and let us schedule future blog posts.

• NiaNia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this request. It would be very helpful to be able to write a blog post and ~ rather than have it post immediately ~ to schedule it to post at a future date & time. A simple calendar tool would allow this selection, I imagine.

Thanks,
        Nia

• Apricot KernelAdminApricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What do you think of the following

1) Simple change

on new blog post page we add simple checkbox right after date/time controls with label "Hide until this date/time". If selected, the post is not shown to anybody except admin until the date. Admin sees special label (Hidden) near title of each of such posts.

2) more advanced

add 2 new options:

Publish on: (*) Immediately () [ date ] [ time ]
        Hide on: (*) Do not hide () Hide now () [ date ] [ time ]

Each option is a radiochoice that defines when the post should be published and when hidden. Default options keep the same behaviour as now.

Again, each hidden post (not published yet or hidden) has special (Hidden) label near title so admin can distinguish them from other posts.

Any comments?

• Connie ClemConnie Clem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like this, too.

In fact, the presence of a calendar and clock makes it look as though the option is already there. This is misleading.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base