Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Importing events

We have a fair number of events that are already in another database (for reasons I cannot avoid). It would be nice if these could be uploaded from a spreadsheet.

24 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

coffstricoffstri shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Robert HolloranRobert Holloran shared a merged idea: Bulk import of event data form a structured file  ·   · 
    Gregory SmithGregory Smith shared a merged idea: I've created a tool to add events from spreadsheet  ·   · 

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leisl MoriartyLeisl Moriarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As other platforms are offering add-ons to what WA provides, this function will be invaluable to allowing customers integrate and leverage other technologies that support our work. From mobile apps to providing Continuing Education, this feature is necessary to keep WA relevant and supportive of customer's needs.

• Robert HolloranRobert Holloran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide ability to import bulk event information from either an sql, excel file or tab delimited file. We have upwards of 60 events to enter three times a year. Now, each event has multiple cut an pastes to enter them in Wild Apricot.

• Theresa BurkesTheresa Burkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an import events feature. Our events all get defined two times a year, and there are a lot of them. Another solution, other than import, allow non-admin users (event leads) to enter the information for each of their events manually, then hold the event to be modified and approved by the admin.

• Trenton ColbertTrenton Colbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our club is seasonal. So all events are packed into the summer. There are 3-4 events per day. Some of them are repeating (weekly) and some are unique. Several groups contribute to entire list. I have a choice as the admin, collect all the input and import it. Or set up each group and teach them to use the WA interface and add their own events. I'd like to have that choice.

• David HodgesDavid Hodges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Facebook page events frequently and would be great to be able to synchronize/import those automatically. Export would be useful also but import more useful. Our prior wordpress site had this capability via plugin so miss not having to do double the work.

• Gregory SmithGregory Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Wild Apricot API and admin interfaces don't offer a way to import events. Users must laboriously fill in all the blanks. I have exported events from Meetup.com and imported them into Wild Apricot using this tool.

• Gregory SmithGregory Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created a Java/Swing/Selenium tool that will read a spreadsheet and enter events into Wild Apricot Admin. It operates by opening a web browser and inserting the values for events into the web page, just as though you were typing the values yourself. How can I share this tool with other Wild Apricot users?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coming into our busiest time of the year (Football Season) this would be a very nice feature. I am having to recreate the wheel as I am a new client to WA.

• Rick SmithRick Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registration type for imported events could be handled by having registration types pre defined in their own area and then just reference the registration type ID in the new event.

Events already reference a Registration Type ID that reads the data from another source but these are not shared between events. You could have the same registration type (Meal/No Meal) for each event now (like we do) and each event has a separate Reg Type ID for the same type. Why not create registrations types in a master record then select them when creating/importing events

• Rick SmithRick Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES YES YES YES! We deal with dozens of events every month and would love to be able to export/import if there are multiple changes or import new events or 'catalog/master' events.

Registration types should be a separate table that you fill with event types and then select for each event or import correct reg type ID. We always have at the moment the same registration type and have to rekey the same type for EACH event. The data fields in the event even reference a registration type ID with the registration type date but there is no 'master' as such or any way to pick from existing.

We can import/export or edit via API most things, events should be just as much so.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• annshiannshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! to transition to WA, i'd like to import as much information from the patchwork of solutions we're using now. i'd love to be able to import event information.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am happy to build a screen-scraper to automate this kind of import. (My organization wants to bring a 10-year history of prior events as part of its transition to WA.)

The description editor has stumped me. Could you please tell me the Id of the element that holds the description text?

Thanks.

• John DJohn D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, for other reasons we have to maintain a separate events calendar which includes a range of event types. It would be very handy to be able to point our 'WildApricot' events calendar at a feed from our events calendar and let rip.

• Dan CavanaughDan Cavanaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An import of events should contain all required information to create or update the events. Registration type should be one of the required fields. For many of my events there would be no registration, these are information only calendar events. Other events allow only 2 registrations while others have higher limits or none at all; for example all members my register for the end of season party.

I think that registration types should be predefined within event managment so that the import need only refernce a specific type code.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your comments.

Let me ask you guys - how would you ideally deal with registration types when events are imported (one event can have multiple reg types = ticket types)?

• jpdonaldjpdonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our club post 30 to 50 evetnts per month. I suggest you look more closely at the business requirements of your existing customers. We could use an import feature as well.

• Dan CavanaughDan Cavanaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to import events will be crucial to my decision to purchase Wild Apricot for the 3 organizations I'm working with!

One organization uses events to assign referees to meets, there are about 60 per week.

Another uses events to for customer appointments, there are about 50 per week.

And the last is a large swim team that uses events for practices, meets, and other team events, there 20 to 30 per week for this.

Yours truly will have to enter each event manually? I don't think so. Please, please, please put this option in place. Honostly, is it really that difficult?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7