Link Registration Button Externally
Can you add an option to the Simple Event form where it does not require the presence of a registration button or where we can link that button to an external web address? Sometimes we simply need to promote someone else's event (i.e, chapter, partner, etc.)
Ok, so I read in another forum that this issue has been "resolved." The solution was to use a button in the copy of the event description.
Here's my work around:
- Create an advanced event
- Create registration type for a ticket that no one can actually book
(this is the tricky part. I had already built a member level for only association staff so I used that as the only available registration/ticket type for the event because I know that no other members could book it that ticket through the internal link)
- Set that registration/ticket type to be "hidden" if unavailable (that way the internal registration button doesn't even show up on the event)
- Create a button in the event description field (images work or text works) that links to the external ticketing site.
- Set "visible to" (this can be public or restricted to specific membership levels/groups if the event is members only)
- Enable the event
- Check it out in public view to make sure it looks and functions properly
Users should now be able to see your event in the event/page calendar, and the only option for booking tickets would be through the external button link you've created in the event description. This works best if you try and make the button look like the system generated buttons for your other events (this varies depending on your site template), but even if it doesn't match exactly it should work as long as it's obvious.
Hope this helps!
HOWEVER: This would be much easier if Wild Apricot would just allow us to override their internal registration link with an external ticketing link as suggested in the OP.