Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

calendar event export

We're transitioning to WA from a hodgepodge of sites and used Meetup to manage our events. I'd like to see the event export functionality that Meetup and Evite have. For both Meetup & Evite, their export process is:
1) Click Export/Add to Calendar
2) Select your particular calendar (google, iCal, outlook, yahoo)
3) Click Save to save it to your calendar [for Google anyway]

This is far easier and more elegant than having to download a file, find where it's saved to select it, and import. While you can save it from the event registration email, that creates a calendar event that is way too wordy and requires editing to see what it is other than "Event Registration confirmed for".

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jennifer WeissJennifer Weiss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put "Add to my calendar" on the registration confirmation page. This is too simple to start a new thread, and I hope you can just go ahead and do it in an upcoming release.

We go through the many pages of the registration process, and each page has "Add to my calendar" at the upper right. But we have other things to do on those pages.

Finally we reach the confirmation page, when we are at last ready to add the event to our calendar ... and there's no link.

Yes, we could click "Return to event" and add it, but why not do it here?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7