Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Separate fields for first, last and middle initial - for credit card processing systems

Currently the field just says "Cardholder Name" and many people have a middle initial on their card. When they enter all 3 things (first, middle, last) the cc processor is automatically putting the middle initial in the last name field. Which means I can't search by last name.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarah BlattbergSarah Blattberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jerry L CooperJerry L Cooper shared a merged idea: Middle Initial Needs to Be a System Field  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jerry L CooperJerry L Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This change is a start, but we still need that "Middle Initial" field capability in the Contact/Membership data bases.

• Jerry L CooperJerry L Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Middle Initial is not defined as a System Field like the Last Name and First Name.

Consequently, it does not show up when viewing the Contact List. We have many Members/Contacts with the same First and Last Names and need to be able to view the Middle Initial also to select the correct Contact without creating a Saved Search with the Middle Initial as a factor.

How can we make the Middle Initial a System Field so it will automatically appear in the Contact List as well in the Contact Heading?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7