Skip to content

Developers

Mostly about Wild Apricot API. Feel free to share examples of your code!

196 results found

1. Contact Webhook triggering for Membership changes

I recently integrated our Wild Apricot instance with Salesforce using Integromat. It works great, but I am finding the Wild Apricot 'Contact created or updated' module triggers repeatedly from the Wild Apricot Webhook. This is consuming a large number of operations inside Integromat.

I'm not sure if this is a How To or a feature request. I'm listing several questions/ideas.

1) The Webhook is set-up in Wild Apricot to only send Contact changes. It still triggers the Integromat scenario when the renewal date changes and/or the membership level changes. Should the Webhook only trigger for Profile changes only?

2) In…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  How to  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. menu left

How can I override the Tinted Tiles theme to hover the sub-navigation items to the right instead of the left?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. What is the best option managed or unmanaged hosting

I have an ecommerce website which is created on Magento framework and I am looking to launch it in the USA region. For this reason I have been looking towards the right hosting for Magento.
    A friend of mine recommended me AWS server for the Magento hosting. But, I am confused whether, I go for the conventional unmanaged AWS server or the managed AWS server which is powered by Cloudways.
    So, if there is anyone in the community who can help me take a decision. Below are the urls of both the hostings that I am referring to.
    https://aws.amazon.com/websites/
    https://www.cloudways.com/en/magento-hosting.php

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. [Bounty] How to register guests using the Member Api (v1)?

It looks like registering guests is available through the Admin API v2. However I need to register guests using the Member API which I believe comes only in v1.

I am using a javascript application on WA page: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1705-working-with-api-from-javascript

Note that for some reason in the example above the v2 (admin?) API is used to query from javascript. However when I try this as a member I get a 403 error. It does work with the member API though.

Am I missing something? I you think you can help please get in touch. There is a potential bounty available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

There is nothing to do with API versions. Member API does not support guest registrations.

5. How can I pass logged in member's useid, name and email address to an embedded jotform javascript?

I am embedding a jotform into the wild apricot site to which I wish to pass the loggedin members's userid, name and email address so that the user doesn't not have to enter it again. Is it possible via simple URL parameters?

I am embedding the form via a simple javascript call

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://form.jotform.com/jsform/201402521458041"></script>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. account level api access control

Is there a method of authentication that only allows selected account/member to use the api?

currently, reading the documentation, using the api key is not differentiable between accounts. Even with the username/password method, all accounts (who has access to the client id/secret) can access the api.
    The only hack I can think of, which only works if there is a small number of accounts that need api access, is to set up a different api key/or client key-secret per account -- this is arguably a hack.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

There is no way to control access to API on this level. If you do not want some people to access API, then do not share client secret with them (this is why it is called secret).
    Anyway, when an admin or a member works with API, he cannot exceed his access level. It means that API will return only data available to this user through the web interface.

7. Is there any way to hook into the page's onpageshow handler?

I'm trying to prototype a button that would enable me to switch between one of two languages on the website by using CSS, cookies and Javascript. I think I have some of it working except I need to be able to set the controls to the desired language when I visit a new page. I think I need to hook into the page's "onpageshow" event handler to make my calls there.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? If not, it'd be great if WA supplied hooks so we could make calls to the various page…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  How to  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to get payment instruction via API

As an admin user, we can set the payment instruction in the payment setting page in Wild Apricot dashboard. However, it seems there is no way to get the payment instruction from API.

I found that the payment instruction appear in response of GET /events/{{eventid}} but for GET /membershipLevels/{{membershipLevelid}}, this field seems missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Events API StartDate filtering only returning first event, not all events?

Hi, I have two events on a single date, yet calling the Events API and filtering on that date only returns one of the events?

The code snippet:

$("#listSessionButton").click(function(){   
             api.apiRequest({
                apiUrl: api.apiUrls.events({
                    $filter: "StartDate eq 2020-03-01",
                    idsOnly: 1
                    }),
                method: "GET",
                success: function (data, textStatus, jqXhr) {
                    console.table(data)
                    alert(data.EventsIdentifiers);

The results:

EventsIdentifiers 3743709
    Object
    EventsIdentifiers: Array(1)
    0: 3743709
    length: 1

The events in the GUI attached.

Thanks very much
    Kevin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Receipt email should be sent automatically once payment is created via API

If there is an option to create a new payment via the API then it would make sense that an automatic receipt email should be sent out as well or at least the option whether to trigger this or not.

We have created our custom payment integration using the APIs because our local payment gateway provider is not supported. After the payment is completed the API registers the payment in WA towards the specified invoices.

We were surprised that the member does not get a receipt email and that it has to be manually done which partly defeats the purpose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add invoice id or event registration id into event email template

We cannot integrate with any of the available online payment providers as none of them are supported in our country.

What I thought to do is use provide the users a link to a third-party code that would use WildApricot APIs to retrieve and update invoice information and that would integrate with our payment providers.

The link would need to include some information about what the user is trying to pay and the most natural thing would be to include the invoice id or event registration id in the link query parameters so that the third-party code can use the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allowing redirects from Google Webapp Script

I have custom HTML in WA calling a Google Web App via an GET request. It works. The Google App is doing a lot of WA API calls I don't want to expose in WA Client Code. This is my architecture to work around WA not being server side extensible.

But the Google App redirects to a temp page in the domain script.googleusercontent.com when it is done executing. This is unavoidable in the Google WebApp architecture. I am attempting to make that results page a redirect back to WA. However; this fails only due to the default cross site security.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate members into searchable directory on wordpress

I have an active member list of 750 members that I would like to export to a Wordpress. The WA site will remain. The Wordpress site would focus on matching members to customers, and I would need a search feature that could search by zip. Is there aa wild apricot partner that has done this? I’m looking to hire.

Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Parsing dates on Linux and Mac/BSD with jq

I need to be able to create scripts that run on both Linux (WSL) and on Mac/BSD. I'm having trouble parsing dates that are returned by the Wild Apricot API.

Using this file:
    cat this.json
    {"StartDate":"2019-06-14T13:00:00-04:00"}

This works on Linux:
    jq '.StartDate | strptime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%Z") | strftime("%B %d, %Y")' this.json
    "June 14, 2019"
    On Mac/BSD, I get this error:
    jq: error (at <stdin>:1): date "2019-06-14T13:00:00-04:00" does not match format "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%Z"

I'm wondering if anyone has found a good solution.
    Thank in advance.

I

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Check in member to an event using event registrations API

Knowing the eventID and memberID, it would be ideal if the API could allow me to check that member into that eventregistation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. External hosting - Feed WI data

Host our site elsewhere but feed WildApricot information into the new site

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  How to  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wild Apricot Auth w/Mobile (Specifically React Native)

So we're working on a mobile app for our members at ITEA. Rather than create yet one more account on yet one more app, this app will hit the Wild Apricot API, acquire an auth token based on a member's email and password, and then send back the user's information via the contacts/me endpoint. One login; two platforms. Makes sense.

We're running into some hurdles with the auth API for mobile. Specifically, I'm using React Native and a package called react-native-app-auth to handle the OAuth process. This package in turn uses the AppAuth SDK for iOS and Android.

Hurdles:

1)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

1. Never tried it internally, but oAuth service itself works well with all our mobile apps and many other services.

2. No, we only support HTTPS. But if you open the login window in a WebView, then you can intercept requests with onNavigationStateChange. If interception works, then you can use any domain name for redirect (ie “https://localhost” or “https://mycustomapp”)

3. No plans so far.

18. Getting Odd 200 Response when creating new contact

I am currently able to pull list of contacts and specific contacts successfully through the API; but am having an odd issue when creating a contact.

I get a 200 OK response but the returned JSON does not return expected fields such as "FirstName" and "LastName", it isntead lists "RequestID" and "RequestURL".

I don't see any documentation about such fields; can anyone point me in the right direction of what to do with these fields or what they are for? I've attached a screenshot of the JSON response I am receiving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to Encode Quotes in PHP for API

I'm using PHP to create a new event via the API just fine. However if the Name of the event has single or double quotes or an ampersand sign, these get converted to utf8 unicode in the published WA event. I can't figure out what PHP encoding WA needs in the POST/PUT for the Name to get a properly decoded result in the WA admin. I've tried htmlentities(), htmlspecialchars(), and json_encode() to no avail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need to create a bio page for board members.

I need help understanding options to create a bio page for board members part of a nonprofit. Please help me understand the tools available to create a Biography page for key members. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Developers