Skip to content

Designers

This forum is for any designer (new and old) who is involved in the design of a Wild Apricot based websites.

370 results found

1. Move login box from top right to below navigation menu

How do I move the login box from the top right of the site to below the navigation menu on the left. I know how to move the absolute position of the login box, but I want to position it so that it moves up or down as the navigation menu changes. For example, if a user clicks on a menu item that drops down 4 sub-menu items I want the login box to also drop down. If I just use absolute positioning the login box either gets overlapped when sub-menus drop down or has to be positioned so far…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Customizing Public Member Profiles

I am evaluating WA for a client that is considering using it and am trying to get a grasp on how much we can customize the site.

CSS and JavaScript can take you only so far so I am looking at theme overrides and the first thing I tried to do as a test case is to change the layout of the individual member profiles on the public-facing pages, which will be one of the requirements of the actual site. So I downloaded the theme and looked through both the files and the documentation on the site, but for the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Using custom fonts

I I am wanting to use some custome fonts on my WA site - am not particularly fussed as to which method as long as it works.

Of Cufon, SiFR and @fontface (CSS) methods avaiable, the latter is probably preferred.

The problem I am encountering is the supporting file types (.eot, .ttf, etc) and where to host them as WA does not as far as I can see, support upload of these filetypes. I have tried imnplementing using remote hosting options, but it doesn't seem to want to play nicely.....

Any suggestions as to a work around? (By the way,…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hide FREE Label next to Registration Title in Events

Is there a way to hide the Free label that is appearing when I create an Event? It appears next to the Registration Title. It shows Tiitle - Free. See below.

Also, is there a way to have the actual Registration button that you click to say something else? I would like for it to say Submit instead of Registration. Thank you.

Start February 09, 2010
    06:00 AM - 06:00 PM
    Location Atlanta, Georgia

Registration Test Project - Free

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change position of the login box

[quote]We currently use a template that uses that places the login box under the side menu. How can we move it to the top right in our header?[/quote]

You can move your login box anywhere on the screen using the following CSS:
    #idLoginContainer {
    position: absolute;
    top: 10px;
    left: 720px;
    }

Simply change the top and left values to move the login box to another location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shifting to Responsive Design from older themes

I am happy to hear (from the most recent newsletter) that WA is shifting all its designs to "Responsive Designs". This is a great advancement. I would like to receive a little bit more detail on how it will work out for those who have a "Non-Responsive Design" from the older themes (I have the "Clean Lines" theme by the way).

Will there be an CSS overhaul in the background and then it will be adapted to the parent theme? I have about 6000 lines of CSS code in the "user.css" file. For me it is necessary to know when…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mobile Responsive Development For Your Wild Apricot Site

One of the best things Nicasio Design can offer its clients is solutions to common challenges. Take the increasing number of visitors to sites on mobile devices. How does an organization keep up with this challenge and not increase costs [too much] for make their site responsive?

One thing we do is make an existing site respond a certain way to mobile browsers. Take this website for example - http://www.floridamindfulness.org we created a custom responsive rendering of the site at certain breakpoints for mobile phones and tablets.

Check it out on your cellphone or table - http://goo.gl/GmFBdF

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to change the "upgradeWarningBox_messageText"

When members select the "Change Level" option in their profile, they are taken to a page with a warning box that says "Please note: full price of the new membership term will be billed. No refund will be done. Contact your site administrator personnel@pershingangels.org if you are expecting a refund."

We want to change this text, but I can not find it in the template. Can someone point me in the right direction?

div id="ctl00ContentAreactl00stepTemplateupgradeWarningBox_messageText" class="text"

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Renewal button for membership payment

When a member renews a subscription for billing, how do we change the java script to reflect the button text as automatic recurring monthly renewal? not to show a "renewal until" date?

Need javascript language, and where to input the javascript.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. From WordPress To Wild Apricot

Migration of content, images, member data never really proves to be a big challenge - unless it is a lot of it or complex bundles, etc... but migrating a look and feel and marching it on WA is no easy task. The customer always find a few subtle little things that he wants and there begins the challenge.

We are proud to announce the migration of Rising Harvest Farm http://risingharvestfarms.org to WA.

http://risingharvestfarms.org/ Check it out.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Embedding custom script on page

I'm having trouble figuring out where to put the following parts of the script on the page. I assume I need a Custom HTML gadget as well as placing parts into the Raw Headers.

The total script is:

<!--Weatherzone local weather-->

<style type="text/css">

.weatherzone { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif; font-size: small; font-weight: normal; color: #323232; background-color: #EFEFEF; }

.weatherzone_head { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif; font-size: small; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; color: #EFEFEF; background-color: #4185A5; }

</style>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.weatherzone.com.au/woys/page_local.jsp?postcode=2103"></script>

<a href="http://www.weatherzone.com.au"></a>

<!--end Weatherzone local weather-->

Can someone please help as to where the parts go to make this work. All…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Background customization

I changed the background image, but when I have the scroll there a little left over white bg because the image isn't big enough. Is there a way I can have a bg color and a image in the CSS, so the leftover white well be black and look like it's a part of the image?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. width of login in IE

We've got a glitch with the log-in screen (name and password box) when viewed with Internet Explorer. The width is truncated by nearly half. Its working fine with both Chrome and Firefox. Check it out at:
    janedoeinc.memberlodge.org We have a lot of custom CSS code which is altering the look of the page and login box.And I can't figure out where in the CSS this needs to be adjusted. When I tried widening the table by using CSS (#ctl03ctl02loginViewControl_loginControl {width:270px}) it messed up the login box in all platforms. Does anyone have a suggestion?Thanks.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom HTML Code Being Removed Upon Save

I have a number of pages with custom <style> tags in the HTML. I add them by clicking Edit HTML on a specific page. I actually use them to override the user.css styles in the external style sheet.

Example - I have some flash code for a rotating image banner in my footer. I only want to show this on my home page. So in my user.css file I add a style rule that hides it for all pages:

idflashimage{display; none;}

(I place the flash embed code inside a DIV that I have assigned an ID to and hide that)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Visual Site Update

First, I am not a web designer, I am asking this question for a web designer who will be working with us in a few months to do a major visual update to the look of our site, which is currently on Wild Ap.

While our web designer is updating/redoing our current site will we need to have a parallel site so that our current site is still usable for our members?

Has anyone redone their website from WA to WA? If so, any advice?

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge!

Aimee

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Populate slideshow with 5 random images from directory

I've been searching for a clean way to get 5 random images from an images folder and use them in a slideshow.

Normally I would just use PHP to access the directory and add the file names to an array and then use JavaScript to randomly add them to the slider, but this doesn't seem to be an option in Wild Apricot.

Is there a reliable work around?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WildApricotApiV2 Java Code

I have just pushed a new project to GitHub called WildApricotApiV2, located here: https://github.com/GeePawHill/WildApricotApiV2

This is an MIT-licensed Java implementation of the interface. As of this first push, it doesn't do much but perform the V2 authentication and fetch 100% of the contacts. Generally, the hard part is the initial calls, though, so the rest should go pretty quickly.

Enjoy, and feel free to post questions here, github, or direct to me, geepawhill@geepawhill.org, if you need any help with it.

Next step for me: adding readme text for folks wanting to get started with it.

Cheers, GeePawHill

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can I embed widgets into a Wordpress Blog?

My website is here:

http://sanbuenaventurafriendsofthelibrary.org/

I want to integrate our members into Wild Apricot but forgo the trouble of rebuilding the blog contents into WA.

So are widgets able to be embedded in a blog?

Many thanks....hope this is not too dumb a question!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Wild Apricot Website Launched

For those who do not know... our clients come in all types/sizes. From small start up organizations to nationally established organizations.

"The Young Men's Business League (YMBL) is one of the oldest and most respected social service organizations in Austin." Src austinymbl.org http://ymbl.wildapricot.org

We had the pleasure of developing (YMBL)'s new unique design on to the Wild Apricot platform. Take and look and see their new awesome digs!

http://ymbl.wildapricot.org

And most recent launch
    http://wecancanada.ca

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Moving the RSS button

Is there code to move the location of the RSS button on the events calendar?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Designers