Skip to content

Designers

This forum is for any designer (new and old) who is involved in the design of a Wild Apricot based websites.

370 results found

1. Theme overrides weirdness

For the first time in 5 years of using WA a lot, needed to learn how to install Google Fonts, and ever since doing the override, discovered while editing a Site Page the gadget elements on the page are super hard to activated for editing. I discovered zooming out in my browser helped a little, but then dragging elements around the page or adding new ones was like a wild goose chase. Zoom in zoom out [try to] edit, and finally after fiddling with it a lot I can get the changes added or updated. Anyone else have this problem?…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need more controls for mobile view

Allow suppression of text content as well as images.

Need separate controls for content gadgets for mobile view for each element. Margins, padding, alignment and image sizes need to be adjustable for mobile viewing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. modify login gadget in kaleidoscope theme

I'm looking for an easy way to modify the login gadget in the Kaleidoscope theme. I would like it to appear with the word "login" underneath it like it does in the Terra theme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fitness Membership website

I'm really looking for a pro to design my website that is fitness based. Does Wild Apricot have that service?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More font choices in email editor

More font choices, please. Especially need a narrow sans serif and serif. The email font choices are so limited that it makes me want to go back Mailchimp for newsletters. As limited as Mailchimp is, it has better font options.

Give designers a break. We need more fonts.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ada Compliancy

Is anyone familiar with how to make a Wild Apricot website ADA Compliant? Our website is on Wild Apricot but we are struggling with finding help.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide a way to merge or update theme overrides.

When I first created our website, I did so by creating a theme override based on an existing WA theme. When I tried to update my theme, I broke the website, apparently because WA had meanwhile changed things behind the scenes that were no longer compatible with some of my code in the original theme. Presumably the needed changes had been automatically made to my existing theme but were overwritten when I uploaded my changes.
    It would save a lot of grief if a theme could be selectively modified by uploading specific files, instead of an entire theme.
    It would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Social media gadget: How do I add "Follow us" text?

I am trying to add social media gadget to my website. When I drag and drop it to my website it shows all the social media platforms but does not show the "Follow us" text in front of it. I would like to add that text like one mentioned here https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/433-social-profile-gadget but I don't know how to do it. Any advice?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Redirect based on whether or not member is logged in

Is there a way to redirect a logged in member to a certain page? I created a Members page tailored to what is most important to our existing members. Our "Home page" is more of a marketing page for non-members. I thought that by setting "starting page" as the Members page for members they would go directly to the Members page when they open the website. That only works after a log-in action. If they've clicked the "remember me" button they go to the Home page. Essentially what I'd like the system to do is check to see if a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. file and folder structure

It used to be that I could make a folder for a current month's email bulletin and it would appear at the upper left of the file folders and stay there when I wanted to find the file or image I wanted. Now the folders sort in strange ways and I have to go find the folder I need when I want to use something. This is very awkward.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I wish I had an idea....

we are in desperate need of a site re-do and WA makes it a very painful process. Any suggestions would be apprecited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Publish variables which can be used for conditional display

In general, visibility control in Wild Apricot is limited to the page level. Thanks to the helpful Wild Apricot support staff, I can now use the javascript variable "bonaPage_IsUserAnonymous" to control conditional display of page elements depending on whether the use is logged in.
    Now I would like to have more granular control of displayed elements (e.g. <li> or <tr> elements) depending on group membership. I assume that this would be possible with a bit more knowledge about the data/variables available to scripts in Wild Apricot. Presumably these are already documented for the use of WA-internal developers. Why not publish…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. include text from a file

I would like to have a public page that will "include" text from a file that is either located on the server, or from an outside server. The use case is having some dynamic content that we can modify quickly (the included file) that is part of a page on the server. For example, the page might say "Here is a sample of most recent discussion" and then display the text from the include file. The include file is maintained outside of Wild Apricot. This is like a PHP "include" functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar gadget: prevent day-name line from scrolling off the page

On the Calendar app in Month setting, when scrolling up, the top line which contains the day-names also scrolls up and disappears. This confuses the users, who get confused about which column is which day. So I added a content gadget, inserted a table with 1-row and 7-columns with the day-name in each column. How do I make this gadget remain in its place on the page and NOT scroll up, or if it does scroll up, it does not scroll off the visible page, allowing the calendar passing up and down beneath it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I remove extra space between columns in directory in mobile view external website

Yes, I'm new!

On the Wild Apricot version (and the widget) of the members directory there is extra space between the columns in mobile view - is there a way to remove the space between the <td>s in a row when viewed on a phone?

Here is the html for a row:
    <tr class="normal" onclick="MemberDirectoryListRenderer.redirectToMemberDetails('https://sample.wildapricot.org/Sys/PublicProfile/50995854/4911773')" onmouseover="MemberDirectoryListRenderer.highlightRowAndNext(this)" onmouseout="MemberDirectoryListRenderer.normlightRowAndNext(this)">

<td class="memberDirectoryColumn1" width="40%"><div class="memberValue"><h5><a title="Go to member details" onclick="globalUtils.stopEventPropogation(event)" href="https://sample.wildapricot.org/Sys/PublicProfile/50995854/4911773">Smith, Irv</a></h5></div></td></div></td>

<td class="memberDirectoryColumn2" width="40%"><div class="memberValue">Superintendent</div><div class="memberValue">IBM</div><div class="memberValue"><a href="mailto:irv@ibm.gov" onclick="window.location=this.href;BonaPage.stopEvent(event);">irv@ibm.gov</a></div></td>

<td class="memberDirectoryColumn3" width="20%"><div class="memberValue">333-3333</div><div class="memberValue">333-3333/div></td></tr>

Thanks for any advise!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding CSS and Multilingual Support

Maintaining a lot of CSS can be problematic in the Custom CSS window. Our Wild Apricot Text Manager enables you to store your CSS and text changes (including changing, hiding and translating system) text in one CSV file. Give it a shot

www.newpathconsulting.com/watm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Target CSS class for a single event

I am trying to remove an element in the Event Registration System page but only for one event. That is, I want the element to remain for all events except one. What is the best way to target an element in a single event?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How do I add the "more" link so I can show a small amount of text and have the rest expand?

I have a Home Page using a Content gadget to give some About Us info. I'd like to initially just show the first paragraph and have a "more" link to allow the user to expand the information if they want. I tried using the Collapse function and it shows the "more" link properly but still shows all of the text below that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. upcoming events

we are creating upcoming events and after event gets over how it will be shown as past events or else we need to create separate for past events

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Designers

Categories