Skip to content

Developers

Mostly about Wild Apricot API. Feel free to share examples of your code!

196 results found

1. Integromat/WA: Have a scenario to generate Events. Want the EndTime to be blank and it always gets populated.

This is a question, not an idea. Where do I post a question? Anyway. I'm using Integromat to generate WildApricot events from Excel spreadsheet. I want the Event EndTime to be blank and it always gets populated no matter what I try. (I've tried to use "empty", "space", "false"... It seems this input should be a boolean. Any help or pointing to documentation on how to populate these fields would be appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  How to  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. API endpoint to edit or add access groups to a selected member

Is there an available API endpoint to edit or add access groups to a selected member? From what I've understood in the documentation the API endpoint available is to retrieve the access groups or the access group of a member. But there is no endpoint to edit or add access groups to a target member.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Cannot display profile photo on member only page

I am using the public API to show the photos of members who have birthdays in a particular month. The page is restricted so that only members can view. I am able to get and display the names and birthdays of members. I am also able to get a link to their profile picture (https://api.wildapricot.org/publicview/v1/accounts/XXXXXX/Pictures/name_of_file.png) however, I am unable to display that photo on the page. It appears as a broken image link and I get an error that says "401 (Invalid credentials. Access to API not allowed.)" I am not sure why this is happening. Does anyone…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Contacts API returns incorrect Profile Last Updated

I recently (2021-12-19) suspended and archived a member (ID 57031785). The contacts API is still returning the timestamp of the previous update (2021-06-18T10:58:17.37-07:00) for Profile Last Updated.

This invalidates any API usage that seeks to minimize server load and response time by fetching only changed records.

I believe this is a bug, and it prevents me from using the Contacts API effectively. I will have to do a full contacts dump every time I want to synchronize my local DB, and will increase the load on your server significantly, since this is done at least once a day, sometimes more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Accessibility Turmoil

In Wild Apricot, how do I embed screen reader description text with my photos so that my content is accessible to everyone?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contact API sort options

Currently the Contact API supports Name or MemberSince order. For the purposes of synching an external database efficiently, it would be really nice to add a sort by contact ID

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Contacts API: filter non-members

How do I access non-members using the Contacts API. I have already tried '&$filter=Member ne true' but that seems to just return a list of all the contacts including members that have a membership associated to their account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to create a upload file button in WA website

I created a website using WA, and this is our company's portal. When our members sign in to this website, they can download our Excel file sample and need to fill it. After that, they will upload back, and we can download it to check the Excel file. How can we do that? Using API? Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically change footer year

Never forget to change your footer (c) Year!
    Here's a simple way to automate it:
    1- edit page template
    2- add custom html gadget
    3- open gadget> click on the Edit Code button on left side nav
    4- click save and never deal with that again 🙂
    *Note edit Nicasio Design text to make it your own...
    © Nicasio Design <span id="year"></span></p>
    <!-- JS before /body -->
    <script>
    document.getElementById("year").innerHTML = new Date().getFullYear();
    </script>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AccessLevel

Creating a separate request based on a comment in another one: "Please also add the “AccessLevel” filter for events"
    <a href="https://www.seegra.in/neet-repeaters/">Seegra best NEET-AIIMS medical coaching center for NEET repeaters</a>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Check for Logged In user on external site

Is there a way to create an if statement in an external site that checks for a logged in user? e.g.
    {if user=logged-in} Custom Content {/if}
    Can this be achieved with Webhooks or the API or Javascript?
    Has anybody got any experience with this?

Regards
    Simon

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. All Events API not returning all data

Hi, I am calling all the events and get all the data up until 'tags', but the swaggerhub documentation shows that details, description, etc. I know all of this can be accessed through the /events/{event_id}, but then if I am querying all the upcoming events and need the details, I am then looping through and performing 20+ api calls, which seems redundant. I was curious if you can retrieve the details, description, etc via the /events/ api, or if the documentation has it listed incorrectly. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Contact API Returns Dataset or Status

Sometimes the v2.2 API calls (done via API token and auth built on the PHP class from your sampleApplication.php on GitHub) to get a specific Contact returns the user's fieldset, and sometimes it returns an object with a State of either 'Waiting' or 'Complete'.

I've tried adding ?$async=false but it doesn't seem to change anything. Matter of fact, when I added $async=false&$select='First name','Last name' (as mentioned here in the forums, previously) I got a 400 bad request.

It seems like sometimes the API kicks butt and returns everything I need instantly, but other times it sends a Status of either…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extend non-admin API to allow filtering of events

The non-admin API returns a list of all events that the current user has registered for. While I can filter the results to show only future events, it would be nice if the API did this for me. The admin API allows this by letting me specify the StartDate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Developer Newsletter or Digest

Does WA send out any sort of developer newsletter or digest that summarizes all recent changes? Ideally it would also highlight activity on the forums (new ideas, top 10 ideas, etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Privacy for Contact List

I had posted last week that I cant find out how the contacts list API respects privacy settings for each contact but as yet, no replies. Is there an API that can return the privacy settings a contact has specified? In this way, our app could maybe parse those privacy settings and figure out what contact fields (e.g. phone, email) it can display. In the absence of any such API, or the contact list API ignoring contact privacy our app will be making personal private information public which is obviously a show stopper.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. API Observing Privacy Settings

We are using the API https://api.wildapricot.org/v2/accounts/\(id)/contacts to get the list of contacts.

We use User login + password authentication for the API call.

If we use an admin account for the API authentication we get all fields for each contact, even fields that the contact has marked as "No access" in privacy. If we use a regular user account for the authentication we get immediately an HTTP 403 unauthorized status to even run the query.

So the question: how do we set up the authentication for this API call so that the query only returns contact fields that the contact…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Contact API Never Returns Contacts

We are using the API get Contacts API query. Sometimes and intermittently our query returns the Contacts as expected but more often enters a state where it never returns the results. Below are logs of both cases. Our question for the failed case : "what API call do we need to make to retrieve the Contact results?"

Here is the sequence when the call returns the contacts successfully. We assume that we should call the ResultUrl from the first response to receive the list of contacts and that approach does return the data :-

Start API CALL, path: https://api.wildapricot.org/v2/accounts/<id>/contacts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

There are 2 options:

1. If you need data immediately, then you may add a parameter $async=false to the initial query. With this flag API returns a list immediately. If your number of contacts is below 500 it is a reasonable option.

2 Another option is to do exactly what you do, but wait for several seconds between API calls.

No matter what option you prefer, I’d recommend using $select parameter to read only the fields you actually need. It will significantly improve performance.

Here is an example:

GET https://api.wildapricot.com/v2.2/Accounts/183112/Contacts/?$async=false&$select='First name’,‘Last name’,‘Renewal due’

19. JSON response for eventregistrations?eventId=434xxxx fails a json_decode test with NULL

I am querying now on the eventregistrations API and have the API query working through https://api.wildapricot.org/ui/home/RequestOAuthToken , but the result set fails a json_decode action with NULL - which I presume means it is not JSON structured. Not sure how to proceed with solving for this. I am running this through the php sample application, which works.. but when adapting to test for this eventregistrations query, the apparent JSON result fails the decode test and hence nothing is available to the foreach loop to extract the right information.

Running this query, which works fine..

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.wildapricot.org%2Fv2.2%2Faccounts%2F1234567890%2Feventregistrations%3FeventId%3D4344015%26fbclid%3DIwAR3fKL6K25MQZIrov9EYsXFhQVEzXKlPOzCDK7HxO0g7uEYdYRTy-6sHnGQ&h=AT1hreSFqkWarrlAM6Wfjd5qPxfJFJ_jTgzZ4vwNilh_OyC8eVdE1dw15Ab_ESS4gRo3ZudF6nWUQdqi6FCcIRDRjZTv4cGCpIh4ULxzTD9DWFJw0NgoyyXtU4ZrZTaToUYhN8o&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT0qQTLupLZd5d7sgyM9tb3J0rQ4JkLlK6SHLVNIbdCWpH8fFtgvHMjqT1uln6KtExBXEeDdnzEIozaPhA3jwQnEGwqT0code7yc6J38fMHF7nXFBAj1HpILaGi3uTjWCShzKR_V1p_kiZzqPdSdSA1Vjni20A3doSA

.. gives this response >…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Contacts API query that filters also on having (or not) a specific Membership Level

Trying to get a list of members that does not have the membership level 'Commitee member'. This query of course works:

https://api.wildapricot.org/v2.2/accounts/ACCOUNTID/Contacts?$async=false&$filter=(Status eq 'Active')AND(Archived eq false)

.. and gets me the +220 contacts that I expect, but this does not work:

https://api.wildapricot.org/v2.2/accounts/ACCOUNTID/Contacts?$async=false&$filter=(Status eq 'Active')AND(Archived eq false)AND(MembershipLevel ne 'Committee member')

Looking at the response from the preceding query.. the following is an example of a response:

////
    {
    "Contacts": [
    {
    "FirstName": "NAME",
    "LastName": "LASTNAME",
    "Email": "EMAIL",
    "DisplayName": "NAME LASTNAME",
    "Organization": "",
    "ProfileLastUpdated": "2017-11-16T00:10:13.337+11:00",
    "MembershipLevel": {
    "Id": 679139,
    "Url": "https://api.wildapricot.org/v2.2/accounts/<ACCOUNTID>/MembershipLevels/679139",
    "Name": "Committee member"
    },
    ////

How can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  How to  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here