13 votessaharantea shared this idea ·
176 votessaharantea commented
There is another piece I would like to see added to family memberships.
I am working on a preschool web site. We have set up bundles for families and made each child a bundle member. We put the address and other information in the membership fields and left the contact fields (sort of) alone, with the exception of delineating parent, teacher, and then the classes that the kids could be enrolled in.
For one family with two kids, it is set up as follows:
Parent--bundle administrator, with contact information including their email and primary phone number. Their membership information includes address, emergency info, other parent's contact information, and a few other details.
Student--just the mandatory contact info, with the addition of which class. For this example, one is Junior AM and a separate one is Senior AM.
When I go to make class directories, I want to list the junior AM students on one page. With a saved search, no problem to get the list.
Unfortunately, limitations right now present me with one of two options:
1) A class list with just names. To get to the parent's contact info, a user has to click on the kid's name to get to their profile, then click on the parent's name to get the contact information. Not user-friendly or intuitive for some.
2) All the information present. However, this is achieved by doing repeat data entry, either for the user or for an administrator. Since any time a change needs to be made in the address, it would need to be made at least twice, it also opens up for more room for error.
My idea of a solution would be to have the following options for bundle memberships when the membership level is set up:
1) All bundle administrator membership information is used as information for the bundle members (ie, one login, and all information changed on membership applies immediately to all contacts part of that bundle). Any changes to the bundle administrator would adjust all bundle members.
2) All bundle administrator membership information is used as *default* information for the bundle members. This would be helpful for setting up new members when only 1-2 things need to be "tweaked" instead of multiple items.
3) No bundle administrator membership information is used for bundle members (current).
If these three "options" were included in the membership level setup, it would increase some user-friendliness for our users and decrease administrative work and errors.