60 votesjohn penrose commented
Court, room or equipment reservation system
Provide a scheduling/reservation widget that makes it possible for "members" of our website (and based on their membership level) to reserve "resources" on a first-come, first-served basis.
* A resource is anything (such as a conference room, laptop, iPad, projector, etc.) that you would like to schedule on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Leverage current “membership level” feature to allow members to reserve a resource listed in their “membership level”. For instance, some members will have the rights to reserve a laptop but not an iPad.
* Only administrators can add a resource to a “membership level”.
* Leverage current “user profile” log-in feature to authenticate “members”.
Within the above, establish the following reservation permission rights:
* Administrator - can view, create, edit and delete any reservation
* Member - can view all reservations. Can create a reservation based on "membership level" but can only delete his/her own reservation.
Display a calendar for each resource to display all current reservations. Better yet, combine all resources into a master calendar – separate by color or other..