Skip to content

Designers

This forum is for any designer (new and old) who is involved in the design of a Wild Apricot based websites.

14 results found

1. Presenting upcoming responsive Wild Apricot theme set: Tinted Tiles

Hello Everyone!

Yet another theme we would like to present to you. This theme is now in design phase and we want to hear your feedback so we can make corrections to the theme design before we start development.

So, please join me in welcoming: Tinted Tiles theme set.
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1_rRMiI4NT8CAgVPzrHtnn0-UO0t5nv7aCH2Vb7O-Rj0/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=15000&slide=id.p

This is one of three sets we're planning to release in fall of 2015 and one of our hardest and most complex themes set yet. Lots of gadgets' styles have been completely redesigned. The theme introduces animated menus and redesigned navigation elements, built-in search in mobile view, new slideshow and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. PayPal service upgrades for merchants

My organization received an email notice from PayPal recently, which I have pasted below. Will the Wild Apricot software comply with changes to PayPal's SSL certificates?

We’re contacting our merchants with some important information in response to an industry-wide security upgrade which is not unique to PayPal. This change involves upgrading Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates over the course of 2015 and 2016.

Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your partner, website vendor, or individuals responsible for your PayPal integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  10 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change navigations font size? It looks like I will need to play with the css..t

Hi. How do I change the navigation's font size for theme skyline downtown? If I need to change the CSS what am I looking for? Menu font-size? Even having trouble figuring out which file is the correct CSS file to work with.. Any help would be appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Presenting upcoming responsive Wild Apricot theme sets: Terra and Firma

Hello Everyone!

As we're moving forward with our new themes development we realized that we really would like to collect your comments before we develop our themes and publish them live.

Please, welcome: Terra and Firma theme sets.

Wrapped around Ecology and Nature these themes bring plenty of new ideas in both theme customization and mobile experience.

These themes are already in development, but we still want to hear your comments and ideas: what you think about them and how good is your experience with these new themes (when they are live).

The link to themes presentation is provided below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom Gadget Development?

Hello -

I've been looking and searching your threads and haven't been able to find anything on building custom gadgets or how to extend them visually.

Our client requires a gadget that extends some of the blog categories... for example... they want a carousel with an image, title and date and only looks at a particular category that will be displayed on the home page. Is this possible? If so, where can I find the documentation?

Is it possible to even create custom gadgets?

Thanks,

Damian

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am using the terra theme. Normally, it is responsive, but I changed it to fixed width to 1400 pixels. But, for some reason, the width is

I am using the terra theme. Normally, it is responsive, but I changed it to fixed width to 1400 pixels. But, for some reason, the width is not 1400. Will you tell me why the actual width stays the same no matter what I change it to in the theme overrides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. hide "add member" button on profile page

I want (desperately) to hide the "Add Member" button on the Profile page when the bundle max is reached. How would I do this?

Our bundles have 2 members maximum, and 95% of the bundles already have 2 members (and our membership changes slowly). Since are bundles are almost all full, the "Add Member" button is quite confusing for users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove the shadow effect from text?

Does anyone have a way (perhaps CSS code) to remove the shadow effect from the Menu text in the Homestead theme? I have tried but have been unable to find a way to do this.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I insert a "Back to Top" on a page with multiple anchors?

I have a page with a list of Anchor items at the top of the page. There are 2 issues I am finding. When linking to the Anchors below, part of the content is being hid by "Sticky Menu".

I also have a "Back to Top" link at the bottom that goes to a "top" anchor, but again it is not going to the Top of the webpage.

Can someone give me a better way to doing this?

Thanks,
    Paul

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How do I "Pad" an anchor so that the text is below the "floating" menu bar at the top?

We have our top Nav menu that floats as the page scrolls down, but when I use an Anchor for quick scroll to a section title, the text gets "lost" under the floating top menu.

I have tried adding "padding" lines between anchor and the text, but that doesn't always work. is there a better way to address this?

Thanks for your help

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unique page headers?

Somewhere i read that it was possible to have unique headers on different pages in a site using custom CSS, but i can't figure out how or find any reference. I know how to use page id to specify the exact page but dont know the CSS to use to add the custom header for each page.

Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Plot Your Members on a Map [Experimental]

Original experiment has been removed. The code was outdated and is no longer useful.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  24 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. turn off renewal button in profile

Hello, I'm responding to an earlier wishlist (#19563). Maybe it's already been addressed by I haven't seen it. The problem is currently a member can keep on renewing and paying, through his profile, for many years in advance. As the earlier ticket said, it would be great if the admin could turn on the Renewal button a certain time ahead of the renewal date. And after the member renewed and paid for THAT year, the button would then go away. Otherwise we'll have to refund those extra years dues.

Please, do you know a way around this problem? We are…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Passing Member ID to and External Site

Some clients have want to the ability to link to another site with their Member ID in the URL. Just could be for a number of reasons, such as for referral credits, or some type of basic authentication. Using some clever JavaScript it is possible to grab the member ID and pass it on to another site.

Since Wild Apricot does not yet have an API, it isn't possible to simple pass the member ID over, we would need to read it off the page. Since the member ID is only found on the member profile page, we would need…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Designers

Categories