FYI: PayPal maintenance notice April 19, 2012 10 pm - 11pm PDT
If you are using PayPal with Wild Apricot, please be informed about upcoming PayPal maintenance:
To better serve our millions of customers, PayPal is upgrading our data center on April 19, 2012 from 10:00 p.m. PDT to approximately 11:00 p.m. PDT. Preparations for the migration will begin at 9:00 p.m. PDT which will have minimal external impact. We’re confident these changes will improve our services and help us meet the growing demands of our customers.
Impact to your business during the migration
During the time of this upgrade, there will be a system-wide interruption to PayPal, including but not limited to the following:
· PayPal’s website, http://www.paypal.com will be unavailable and accountholders will not be able to log into their account. In addition, most consumers will receive an error message when attempting to checkout using PayPal.
· Most of the PayPal API calls attempted during the upgrade will fail with a 10001 (internal error) response. Some Authorizations and Sale transactions via Direct Payment API calls may successfully complete but merchants may also see result codes 104,102 and 1000 returned. When these result codes are returned, it is recommended that the merchant review their PayPal account prior to resubmitting the transaction. Any type of Referenced Transaction calls for all PayPal API calls (Delayed Capture, Refund, Reference Transaction and Void calls) will fail with a 10001 response.
· Adaptive Payment API calls will not be supported during this upgrade and will fail with a 520002 (internal error) response.
· Batch processing services will be unavailable during this upgrade. If batch requests are submitted when the service is unavailable, the processing will be delayed.
· Transactions created prior to March 19 will not be available between 9:00 p.m. PDT and 11 p.m. PDT. This data will be missing from History in the PayPal account and cannot be accessed to process a delayed capture, void, refund or referenced transaction. Attempts to reference a transaction created prior to March 19th via an API call will result in a 10001 (internal error) response.
· Merchant Reports for the Eastern & Pacific time zones for April 19 activity, which will be created on April 20, may have a delayed delivery. There is no significant delay expected for Settlement Withdrawal. Auto Sweep will be put on hold on April 19 and depending when batch services are resumed, it may be run early morning on April 20. The PayPal SFTP drop box will not be available during the upgrade.
To ensure you are up to date on the latest information about this system upgrade, please go to the blog post regarding this event found here https://www.x.com/node/304976 on http://x.com . If you have any questions about this announcement, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
© 2012 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.