Upcoming upgrade to version 3.4 on March 28th, 2010
Our next upgrade - version 3.4 - is planned for Sunday, March 28h, 2010
Servers will be taken off-line intermittently from 1:00 am to 8:00 am, Eastern time (GMT-5). Make sure to save your work and log out in advance. Please notify other users in your organization as appropriate.
Key changes in upcoming version 3.4 :
* Pro-rating of membership fees for partial periods. E.g. if your renewal date is fixed to January 1 and someone joins on June 30th, system can automatically pro-rate membership fee to 6 months worth (July-December).
* File management overhaul. You will be able to create folders, rename documents, update documents while keeping existing links to documents intact, access documents and pictures via WebDAV etc.
* WebDAV support for Mac OS, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
* Safari and Google Chrome compatibility - you will be able to use Wild Apricot administration functions in those browsers.
* New interface for creating and editing list fields (multiple-choice, dropdowns, option buttons)
* Dynamic menu for horizontal and hybrid themes
Detailed descriptions and links will be made available on Wild Apricot release history http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+history page after the release.
As of 1:15 pm on Sunday Wild Apricot is operational.
As mentioned above, some accounts might experience temporary issues while their documents and pictures are being converted to new storage system. This should be completed for all accounts in the next few hours.
Unfortunately data conversion is taking much longer than estimated after all our tests and dry runs.
At the moment we expect to start the service at around 1:30 pm EST, however at this point not all the data will be converted (documents and pictures), thus some of the clients will experience problems with links to documents, missing pictures and also visual customizations not fully working.
Update: data conversion operations are taking longer than expected so upgrade will take more time than originally estimated. (i.e. beyond 8 am)