72 votesDustin Telford supported this idea ·
An error occurred while saving the commentDustin Telford commented
Membership renewals and sign up should allow for the following:
1. New members should be able to submit an application to each organization under an umbrella organization.
2. Admins for each organization and and the umbrella organization should be able to confirm eligibility requirement and payment from the member application.
3. New or renewal applications should be paid directly to the individual accounts for each organization that the individual wishes to join or renew.
4. Discounts should be allowed in scenarios when an individual wants to join a local organization and a national organization. In many cases, the national organization will waive some of the fee to join if the person is a member of a chapter or affiliate.
5. Member renewal cycles should be as per the individual organization - the cycles do not necessarily need to coincide.
6. Member profiles should be able to use common fields. Participating organizations should be able to link fields such as name, address, and preferred e-mail. If a member updates information in one organization, the information fields shared between organizations should be updated.
7. Members should have independent rights and privileges in each organization. For example, a member may have admin rights to update certain pages for one organization, may have no admin right with another, and may not have full access to all membership areas in another.