237 votesjamieatl supported this idea ·jamieatl commented
Facebook sends a weekly "Insights" email showing us how many Likes our page received. Google Analytics provides a wealth of customized report automation.
My organization would like to see a weekly, automated report from Wild Apricot with high-level membership trend data, such as:
- Members: how many members we currently have
- Trend: how many members have we added or lost this week/month/year
- Finances: how much cash have we taken in over the past week/month/year
Since my org---a neighborhood-funded private security patrol---provides services based on how many members we have, we must log in and check our member levels weekly to set our patrol budget and schedule. It would be great to have something as simple as Facebook's automated email (which we can't customize) and HUGE to have something as flexible as Google Analytics' reporting tools, which enable us to create, memorize and schedule pretty much any type of report.
I imagine if the latter was rolled out---even at a simple level---it would give a wide range of Wild Apricot clients/orgs a great deal of actionable intelligence, including:
- Events: daily updates on how many members have registered, etc
- eMail Logs: open/CTR data sent automatically 1, 2, and 3 days after a blast
- Bail-outs: weekly list of members who've lapsed (time to pick up the phone)
- Donations: weekly financial report