Developers

Mostly about Wild Apricot API. Feel free to share examples of your code!

How can we make it easier for you to develop on top of Wild Apricot?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Swagger

Has anyone built an OpenAPI (Swagger) file for connecting to WA APIs? I'm trying to make a sign-in kiosk with Microsoft PowerApps and it connects through a JSON OpenAPI definition.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Postman collection

I previously posted about whether anyone had written a Swagger file for WA API that could be used to connct Microsoft PowerApps to WA. New release of PowerApps supports using a Postman collection instead of a Swagger file. Has anyone built a Postman collection for WA API?

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • API with non-administrative permissions

Original title: Cannot access API from within site pages if not Administrator.

Hi,

I have written JavaScript/HTML in a WildApricot site page to display events as a compact list in a table.

If I login to an administrator account it all works fine, if I login to a non administrator account I get error 403 returned from a get Events API call.....

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Current token does not provide access to scope 'events_view'.)"

Code snippet is:
        <script>

generateTable();

function generateTable()
        {
        var EventsList = getDataFromApi("https://xxxxx.wildapricot.org/sys/api/v2/accounts/xxxxxx/Events?$sort=StartDate asc&$filter=Tags in [training,cruising,racing,racing_crew] AND…

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are still working on “API for members”, however we already silently published beta version of it.

While building this API we tried to keep all important information in swagger format.
          Help pages are not ready yet, so the only source of information is swagger spec. You can find swagger file here:
          https://api.wildapricot.org/ui/swagger/publicAccess

In order to play with API you could use swagger UI located here: https://api.wildapricot.org/content/swagger/?url=/ui/swagger/publicAccess or import swagger file into POSTMAN

Since the “API for members” is still in beta, Wild Apricot does not provide any kind of support for it (really, our support team is not ready for such questions yet). However development team carefully monitor this forum. If you have any questions regarding this API, please post your questions in this forum thread or as separate topic.

• Don't see your idea?

Developers

Feedback and Knowledge Base