What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

Editing the default english labels to change them into french

Hello everybody.

I am having difficulties to find a good soul ready to tell me how to edit the text labels so i can make an french version of my site. I am aware of the toggler, however WA keeps bouncing me back to consultants to change a few text strings.If the toggler exists it(obviously) means the text can be edited by the user.

I am not a website programmer(i used to do a lot C , assembler, structured text, Basic, etc,,) in my developper's years. I believe I should be able to change text in the templates if somebody shows me how to find the files & what is the easiet way to edit them.

If I can't change these labels I simply can't use the WA software and will need to restart my product evaluation

I thank you all for your advice and feed back

Michael/Switzerland

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mmonneymmonney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mmonneymmonney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your answer and suggestion Jim. I will go take a look. If im not comfortable doing that myself do yu know anybody who has done it before ? I assume that your software is not only used in english speaking countries. For sure some people have made french versions of your standard gadget, which is basically all I need done. I like the package, i am reday to switch to a paid account.However if I can't overcome this snag, which i though would be a sinch really, then I will not be able to go with WA and all the work I did already will be wasted.

Best regards

Michel

• mmonneymmonney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello there,

Thank you for your answer.

I do understand there no menu driven mechanism to edit the labels, however there certainly is way for the user to get in the code to change those strings ? If not of what use in the "toggler" if the labels remain in english on both language page sets ?

Best regards

Michel

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7