What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

Editing the default english labels to change them into french

Hello everybody.

I am having difficulties to find a good soul ready to tell me how to edit the text labels so i can make an french version of my site. I am aware of the toggler, however WA keeps bouncing me back to consultants to change a few text strings.If the toggler exists it(obviously) means the text can be edited by the user.

I am not a website programmer(i used to do a lot C , assembler, structured text, Basic, etc,,) in my developper's years. I believe I should be able to change text in the templates if somebody shows me how to find the files & what is the easiet way to edit them.

If I can't change these labels I simply can't use the WA software and will need to restart my product evaluation

I thank you all for your advice and feed back

Michael/Switzerland

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mmonneymmonney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mmonneymmonney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your answer and suggestion Jim. I will go take a look. If im not comfortable doing that myself do yu know anybody who has done it before ? I assume that your software is not only used in english speaking countries. For sure some people have made french versions of your standard gadget, which is basically all I need done. I like the package, i am reday to switch to a paid account.However if I can't overcome this snag, which i though would be a sinch really, then I will not be able to go with WA and all the work I did already will be wasted.

Best regards

Michel

• mmonneymmonney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello there,

Thank you for your answer.

I do understand there no menu driven mechanism to edit the labels, however there certainly is way for the user to get in the code to change those strings ? If not of what use in the "toggler" if the labels remain in english on both language page sets ?

Best regards

Michel

• Apricot KernelAdminApricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WA has no functionality to change all labels, sorry. Most labels from functional pages (like event registration, membership application, etc.) are built-in and cannot be modified as of now.

This is something we are going to change in the future, but not soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7