What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

find all usages of a specific resource (e.g., image)

I want to find all pages that are using a specific image. In WordPress, each image in the media folder indicates where in the site the image is used. Please add that to Wild Apricot!

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas H. WestThomas H. West shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thomas H. WestThomas H. West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why I need this?
        I wish that all the volunteers we use to create and edit content on the site were consistent in where they put images, etc. on the site. Event when we have a specified file structure documented, all it takes is a change in responsibilities and a site page has an image stored in a different location from all the others. I would like to rationalize the files storage, but, as far as I know, if I move a file, Wild Apricot does not update all the references to that resource on the site (am I missing it in WA?). So, like WordPress, if I can easily find where an image is used on the site, I can update the pages (copy the resource to the organized location, then go to each page and update the image reference and then delete the original resource/image).

• Denise RossDenise Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to clean up our file folders and move the images into sub folders for ease in locating. This would require fixing links to these images in pages.

• Henrik EkenbergHenrik Ekenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know what Thomas West would use it for, but I can see how itcould be useful to me.
        I am currently working on building a new file structure which is quite redious work because I have to search all the pages manually for broken links to images and files.
        The functionality that OP asks for would make it a whole lot easier because it would allow me to just copy the files to the new structure, search for pages where the old path is used, change it to the new path, and ultimately delete the old file.

Feedback and Knowledge Base