Designers

This forum is for any designer (new and old) who is involved in the design of a Wild Apricot based websites.

1. upcoming events gadget and recent blog post gadget - edit links

i'd like to change the font color and size of the linked text in the "upcoming events" gadget an "recent blog posts" gadget . i.e. in "upcoming events" the linked text that directs to you that event's details, and in "recent blog posts" the link that directs you to a particular post. i'm told by wild apricot support that this can only be done with css (not an option in colors and styles) can someone provide the css code to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing colour palatte of theme

Hi, I have been trying to change the theme palatte colours as instructed on the WA help page Customizing Colors and Styles options for themes. https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/465

I downloaded the theme files but when I open the 'defautValues.txt' file it does not look like the one in the example. Basically there is no actual information in there about colours - the values are all empty! See attachment.

Nor does it have the same language eg Globalsettings- but this may be because of the theme and version I am using (Kalidescopneon.V3.0)

I’ve tried adding the colour value to on part…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I find WA forms a bit rigid / not easy to customize

I had a request to add one line of text to a form, explaining that the payment would be via Paypal or credit card. Could not do that, had to make a workaround by putting some small ext underneath the form.

I had a request to list membership levels in order by amount on the Change Membership Form. Also could not do that.

After being spoiled by Jotform, CognitoForm, Wufoo Forms, etc I really miss the ability to have some control over the display of form fields, and the content of the form!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Parallax Scrolling

How do I enable Parallax Scrolling on my website? What is needed ?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Changing the Pay Offline button label for event registration to Pay by Check

My club members are used to being able to pay by check at the door for our monthly events. We are new to Wild Apricot and the Pay Offline button is confusing to some of the older members. Can someone help me with how to change the label on that button to Pay by Check?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Event listing--adding border, adding register button

We are using Firma-Above the Clouds.

The concern is the CSS options for our page https://mdflora.org/trips.html

When the Event List gadget is used, it is very confusing to determine the separation of different events, especially in mobile screen size.

We would like to have a border around each event, or at minimum a horizontal line between the events.

Any advice, or suggested css would be appreciated.

Karyn

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. find all usages of a specific resource (e.g., image)

I want to find all pages that are using a specific image. In WordPress, each image in the media folder indicates where in the site the image is used. Please add that to Wild Apricot!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Best Solution for Displaying Members on a Map & Searching by Distance

Introducing Apricot Maps
    by DotCreativity, a Wild Apricot Service Partner

DotCreativity has setup custom member directories and proximity searches for Wild Apricot clients for the past 5 years. We have taken what we have learned and developed a new service which we are calling ApricotMaps.

With this service, you can quickly set up a directory that would allow you display you members on an interactive map, as well search by zip code/location.

Out of the box, you have three layout options available:

However, we can also set up a custom…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customize Upcoming Events gadget

Is there a way to customize the Upcoming Events gadget? I'd like an easy way to show a condensed list of events. For example, we have board meetings once per month, same time and place - the only thing different is the date. I have filtered the events by tag (GREAT), but the list is still so big and cumbersome with the title, date, and location. I'd like to be able to show just the dates as links to the events. Is there a way to do this?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Omg simple WYSIWYG

Edit event details box is way too narrow! Can't see preview of how it will look to user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. switch icon set

I'd like to be able to switch icon sets for a given theme, or modify the existing set. I've selected one of the whiteboard themes and ended up modifying pretty much all the colors in the theme...but the icon set (https://bfc.wildapricot.org/BuiltTheme/whiteboardmayablue.v3.0/b667a45d/images/icon_set.png) is still that brown color. I'd much prefer a grayscale option, OR to be able to upload my own in the accent color of my choosing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Registration Form "Additional Guest" confusion

Currently when a person registers for an event and is buying for multiple people they have to add the number of additional guests to the registration. Themselves plus the additional people.
    This is confusing a numbers of our customers who are buying one too many tickets because they are entering the total number of guests, not the number of additional guests.

Is there a way to change the wording on this to make it easier to understand or perhaps ask for the total number of guests? If someone has examples on how to do this it would be much appreciated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide "Member Since" Field in Member Profile

I am importing members from an old database to WA. I want to hide the "Member Since" field from member's profiles since it only reflects the import date and I actually have no idea when some of these members joined the organization.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How to hide 'session' label in event title from Upcoming events gadget

When you create multi-session event, the Upcoming event gadget displays session number in the title of event.
    We received several requests from users to hide this. As quick solution you can use the following JS code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(function()
    {
    if( $('.WaGadgetUpcomingEvents').size() )
    {
    $('.WaGadgetUpcomingEvents a:contains("(session")').each(function()
    { var text = $(this).html(); var newText = text.replace(/(\s+(session[\w\s]+))/, ""); $(this).html(newText); }
    );
    }
    });
    </script>

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding Second PayPal Account?

We have an event coming up where the payments go into a separate PayPal account from our organization's main PayPal because it has an entirely separate budget.
    Membership, Workshop fees go to the main CMAG account, which is already set up on the site. Registration fees for our Spring Show go into an account specifically set up for the Spring Show's separate budget.

Is there some way to add this second account to our financial settings? I've looked & I can't find any way to do it. The payments really do need to be kept separate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Login Button Link Color

Hi All,

I don't know CSS and there's one thing I want to change on my site: the font color in the login button gadget. I feel like I should be able to do this with the advanced settings in the gadget but I don't know how! I've read all the KB articles on customizing with CSS, customizing gadgets, etc and understanding CSS is a prerequisite.

Many thanks.

https://tscc.wildapricot.org/

(the login button link colors are dark blue and disappear into the background image, I want them to be white)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. HTML eMail without META tags makes RESPONSIVE design useless...

Since the Wild Apricot HTML Editor removes META tags, the @media queries for mobile device responsive designs are useless, since the "<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">" is lost and therefore on the mobile device the eMail app ignores them...

Since Wild Apricot is "going Responsive" now, I strongly recommend that this is a part of the future too, there has to be responsiveness in eMail design to be complete.

I spent couple of hours and trial and error until I noticed that the viewport meta tag is just removed and not my @media queries were wrong.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Responsive slideshow with automatic width/height

I'm experimenting with the WA slideshow gadget, but the problem I'm having seems to be with the choices for the sizing. It seems I can only choose from fixed layouts (16:9, 3:4, 1:1, or a fixed height). This works ok for camera photos that actually are in those aspect ratios but not so good for custom images like banners and header images which may have different aspect ratios such as being very long and rectangular (e.g., a 10:1 aspect ratio). Choosing the "Landscape 16:9" option displays the entire banner image, but it also puts a lot of whitespace above and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Designers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base