Designers

This forum is for any designer (new and old) who is involved in the design of a Wild Apricot based websites.

What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Adding Second PayPal Account?

We have an event coming up where the payments go into a separate PayPal account from our organization's main PayPal because it has an entirely separate budget.
    Membership, Workshop fees go to the main CMAG account, which is already set up on the site. Registration fees for our Spring Show go into an account specifically set up for the Spring Show's separate budget.

Is there some way to add this second account to our financial settings? I've looked & I can't find any way to do it. The payments really do need to be kept separate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Login Button Link Color

Hi All,

I don't know CSS and there's _one_ thing I want to change on my site: the font color in the login button gadget. I feel like I should be able to do this with the advanced settings in the gadget but I don't know how! I've read all the KB articles on customizing with CSS, customizing gadgets, etc and understanding CSS is a prerequisite.

Many thanks.

https://tscc.wildapricot.org/

(the login button link colors are dark blue and disappear into the background image, I want them to be white)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HTML eMail without META tags makes RESPONSIVE design useless...

Since the Wild Apricot HTML Editor removes META tags, the @media queries for mobile device responsive designs are useless, since the "<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">" is lost and therefore on the mobile device the eMail app ignores them...

Since Wild Apricot is "going Responsive" now, I strongly recommend that this is a part of the future too, there has to be responsiveness in eMail design to be complete.

I spent couple of hours and trial and error until I noticed that the viewport meta tag is just removed and not my @media queries were wrong.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Responsive slideshow with automatic width/height

I'm experimenting with the WA slideshow gadget, but the problem I'm having seems to be with the choices for the sizing. It seems I can only choose from fixed layouts (16:9, 3:4, 1:1, or a fixed height). This works ok for camera photos that actually are in those aspect ratios but not so good for custom images like banners and header images which may have different aspect ratios such as being very long and rectangular (e.g., a 10:1 aspect ratio). Choosing the "Landscape 16:9" option displays the entire banner image, but it also puts a lot of whitespace above and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Responsive alternative to iframe embedding

Hello All,

My group has decided to setup a new website for our organization. The decision has been made to use Wordpress for the website and embed the necessary forms from Wild Apricot. At the moment, the only way I know how to embed external urls (like those for my Wild Apricot forms) is to use iframes. Unfortunately, the Wild Apricot forms change size and the iframes do not. This leaves users with having to deal with scroll bars in the iframe. This is difficult for users to navigate and greatly detracts from the look of the site. I am…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is it possible to adjust height of each blog snippet preview in the blog list view?

The first thing you see when you click the blog menu is the blog snippet preview that displays the first few lines of each blog in a list.

Is it possible to adjust the height of each blog snippet? My organization uses a blog to post its recent activities, and each blog article features a short intro, photos then a full-length write-up. Under the current setting, the blog preview snippet displays the intro and the top 10-30% of the ensuing photos. The top 10-30% usually means the ceilings or various venues where our events took place. If we could increase…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link to a Folder or File

I am new with the Wild Apricot site. How do I set a link on a web page to a folder or file that I just uploaded in File Management?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dual Language Toggle - bilingual sites

We have pretty much perfected a process that will allow for Wild Apricot sites to feature and support multiple languages. Wait we are not talking about translating content, rather hiding pages from one language from being seen or navigable via the nav while the user has toggled a language option. When we install and customize our code to your Wild Apricot site, we are able to hide French language pages from displaying when the user clicks the toggle to English for example.

Wanna see this in action? Certainly, here you go:http://www.latinohotelassociation.org Spanish / English Language Togglehttp://copeh-canada.roundtablelive.org French /…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please share your Wild Apricot websites with cool design or features

I would love to see more examples of what people have done with their pages. It is stoo hard to comb through the posts to find those who have given their websites to you guys. Seeing examples really helps me get ideas and it also shows the capability of the system. It would be nice if you created a section in the forum for people to showcase their websites.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Is there a gadget that can be used to allow members to enter Information?

We have several "sign up" sheets for our club. For instance people sign up to get tables and chairs ready for meetings. Currently the webmaster is entering the information into an HTML table and displaying it in a Content gadget. Ideally we would put a form on the website with Months as a label with a field that people can enter their name into. Is there any way to publish a form that people can make entries into?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Moving the Register button up on repeated event page?

Is it possible to move the Register button above the list of sessions on a repeated Event page?

We are using repeated events for a weekly activity, and the list of sessions pushes the Register button down off the page. See https://tyc.org/event-3076030 .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Creating Tabs for my directory

Hello, I am looking for someone who has experience designing a website in wild apricot to create tabs in my website

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. clicksend

Has anyone used Clicksend to send convert email to sms (text messages)

https://www.clicksend.com/us/sms/email-to-sms/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Forum Gadget - Initial forum description should be part of forum topic

It seems that every other forum I have used always lists the initial description with the title of the Forum Topic at the top. Replies to the topic are listed below. Your own WA support forums work that way!!

The current forum gadget treats the initial description the same as one of the replies, so that it may appear at the top or bottom . depending on your settings. This is a problem and should be fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New Theme Launched

New Nicasio Theme live on http://sgvpartnership.org/

Resale theme https://nicasiotheme.wildapricot.org/

Need a new theme? Let us know.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Differentiating between title text and alt text in the horizontal menu

Does anyone know how to get access to the HTML of the menu to modify the title attribute text because it is the same as the alternative text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. restricted event fields

Restricted to Internal Use Only fields in Events.

EG: table # assignment, table host

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Member Field to Forum

Hello,

I'm attempting to add a member field underneath the forum poster within the "boxBodyInfoContainer" "inner"

In the attached image you can see that I have the text "RSO Qualified" which is the "fieldLabel" and Yes is the "fieldBody" I want this data to be pulled from the member profile based on the poster, currently i've just written it in.

Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Donation progress bar on WordPress using Wild Apricot API

Do you guys think it's possible to reflect the live updating Donation Progress bar on WordPress using the Wild Apricot API?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Designers

Feedback and Knowledge Base