What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

Theme Overide Navigation Bar Dropdowns

I am looking for some guidance concerning a navigation bar that was set up using theme override. I have taken over this website, kcasis.org, as a volunteer and I have been able to fix everything the last guy broke, but I have not been able to fix the navigation bar.

The issue is the navigation bar does not show any dropdowns, so the site is quickly running out of space in the header for anymore nav options and it is starting to look cluttered. I have searched the web, but cannot find how to add or fix dropdowns with wild apricot. The mouse over works, but there does not seem to be any child menus tied to parents in the header design. Any guidance would be great. I don't want to bother a developer unless this is a complicated fix.

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris IrwinChris Irwin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris IrwinChris Irwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your response it looks like the drop-down menus work when i disable the them override. If i go through and hit the "Delete" button on each theme will it delete the override or just disable it? It is scary to hit the delete button.

• DotCreativityDotCreativity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Do you currently have subpages set up on any of the items in the menu? If so, which ones? If not, can you add some subpages to one of the menu items and let me know what page so that I can test?

Another test you can do is to go to Settings > Theme Overrides and click on [Disable Theme Overrides] (you can enable it again after the test). With Theme Overrides disabled, see if your subpages are working. if they are, the issue is with the custom design and will likely need a developer to correct.

Feel free to reply here or email me at ideas@dotcreativity.com http://dotcreativity.com/contact

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7