What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

submenu bg color

I would like to change the color (or opacity) of the sub menu flyout (http://tnwida.wildapricot.org ) I'm using the tranquity theme. The sub menu color is a little hard to read, but I can't change it in the options anywhere - it's an background image in the theme. I don't want to do the theme override thing, cause this is my first time using WA, so I want to play it safe. It there any other way around this? CSS Customization maybe?

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SomethingCleverSomethingClever shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JuliebJulieb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used your code you suggested to get ride of the background color -- I am using Nature Serenity. So the Blue is now gone. But I still can't figure out how to get ride of the green when you first pull over to the sub navigation? Is this where you said to use the background image code? If so, what size image do you use. I sure would appreicate any help you can offer. Your other suggestion worked perfectly to get rid of the blue!

Thank you,

Julie

• DotCreativityDotCreativity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a new Page, and set it as "Admin Only". Then Create a new subpage which will be the Privacy page and make it visible to everyone. It won't be in the menu because the parent page isn't visible, but the subpage will be accessible via a link.

• SomethingCleverSomethingClever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something else I've asked but no one is getting back to me ...

Is there a way to create a page but not add it to the menu, like a Privacy and terms of use page?

This isn't possible either, but if you make an image of the ArtText, you can set it as the background for the title bar of the Gadget using CSS.

• SomethingCleverSomethingClever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - thanksvery much for your help.

Another question I had, but no one is answering the post, can I make the heading for the News and Events page ArtText?

No, adding opacity via CSS would make the entire element translucent, including the text.

You would need to create an image with the correct color and opacity and then use it as the background image for the submenu.

You are correct, this theme uses an image for the submenu background. You can use CSS to change the image or set a solid color. Each of these are done on separate elements.

If you want to change the background image, use this (changing the image URL):

#idMainMenu .dynamicMenuLevelContainer ul.dynamic {
        background-image: url("/resources/my-image.png") !important;
        }

If you want to change the background to a solid color, use this (changing the color name/code):

#idMainMenu .dynamicMenuLevelContainer ul.dynamic li {
        background-color: blue !important;
        }

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7