What can we do to make it easier to design with Wild Apricot?

Blog Excerpts Cut Off

Hi, I'm setting up a site with a customized theme. I'm running into an issue on the blog page where the excerpt of a specific post is getting cut off (see the screen shot below, just above the Read More | Add Comment links). I use the Firebug extension in Firefox, but haven't been able to figure out where in the CSS the size of the excerpt box is controlled.

Is there a way to fix it? Ideally, I'd like to make it just stretch to whatever the size of the post is.

I'm using a customized version of the Transparent Horizontal theme.

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

eelseels shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DotCreativityDotCreativity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Blog Gadget doesn't include the body text anywhere, so changing the CSS won't help this. You would need to use an RSS widget to achieve this.

Here is one that I use, you can place it inside the HTML Gadget, or set it to use your own CSS file to get it to match your other gadgets: http://feed.mikle.com/en

• beaks2leebeaks2lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can the blog post gadget css be manipulated to allow a portion of the body to appear? in similar fashio to the above?

• eelseels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Denys, that worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help! That one was driving me crazy.

• anonymous_96.44.245.50anonymous_96.44.245.50 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would have to check in your basic.css for something similar to:

#idBlogPageContainer #idBlogSummaryContainer #idBlogPostListContainer DIV.boxBodyContentContainer
        {
        overflow: hidden;
        height: expression(this.scrollHeight> 140 ? "140px": "auto");
        }

html>body #idBlogPageContainer #idBlogSummaryContainer #idBlogPostListContainer DIV.boxBodyContentContainer
        {
        height: auto;
        max-height: 140px;
        }

and then adjust 140px to as needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7