Rotating banner ads
I'm in need of a rotating banner ad and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what is the best method to accomplish this. java? flash? Anyone?
Brian Pierson commented
I used this same script and found that the link in the banner ads doesn't open in a new window - it opens the link within the banner ad itself. Has anyone else had that happen?
Jon, feel free to contact our partners for such customization: http://wildapricot.com/partners
Jon Cuthbertson commented
This write up regarding this code was very helpful. Thanks. Has anybody tried to use the code to create a rotating "header" banner integrated with login box? I have everything working, except my graphics (banners) get distorted by the login box. Does anybody know how to "layer" the two items so they live happily together? Or can anybody direct me to the process of moving the login box to another location?
Website is not launched - here is the static banner working great. But when I rotate the banner it moves the graphic 3/4 back to the left.
Danny, any folder would do. And yes, you can create additional folders as needed. The most important part to this is to use correct paths when you reference to the files.
* The url of any file you upload into Wild Apricot site is as follows: http://<your site url>/resources/<path to the uploaded file>
* <path to uploaded file> must include any sub-folders used. e.g. a file in documents folder is referenced as: "http://<your site url>/resources/documents/filename"
So the script is uploaded to your documents folder? Then can you create a folder inside the documents folder for holding banners? And of course the script is pasted into the page where you want the rotated ad(s) to appear. Thanks for any clarification! Danny
We subscribed to Adbutler.com http://www.adbutler.com and absolutley love it, very easy to organize ads, set geographic advertising (northern sponsors are not shown in southern areas). You can use it for free, but they will thrown in an ad of their own very 4th or so.
Timed sponsorships (seasonal, special sponsorships/advertisments for events)
You pay per impression, so its quite reasonable. Also the web statistics for clicks & views is VERY nice. You can set weights as well & do popups if you so wish.
heres some features they have
* hosted web app; no installation
* image, rich media, and raw html support
* text ads and popup capabilities
* custom banner sizes
* geographical targeting
* keyword targeting
* banner hosting available
* daily and frequency capping
* custom account branding
* advertiser and affiliate accounts
* click information trackingA VERY cool feature they have is if you have many sponsors and they want to have their own ad/banner on there you can signup for image hosting and those advertisers can submit their own banner and you can review to have it automatically put into advertising.
Cathy Harrington commented
got it here
Another option could even be to created an animated GIF in a graphics program. Searching for "rotating banner" in Google will return great sites with more information and code examples.
I am interested too in creating a rotating banner on my home page. Has there been been an answer to Charri's question?