How can we make it easier for you to develop on top of Wild Apricot?

Access to image fields through the API

Please add access to the image fields through the API - I would like to be able to get the URL of the image the member uploaded.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DotCreativityDotCreativity shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KrisKris shared a merged idea: Retrieve Contacts Photo  ·   · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DmitryDmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kris,

This feature is already implemented and will be available starting from the next major release (last decade of October).

• KrisKris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, no access to photo field through API? I'm a web designer and developer. I recommend Wild Apricot to a client because it looked like the best membership management platform that allows the dev community access. But this squashes it for us. We need to display the directory with photo and the profile with photo in the client's unique and custom brand web design. Customer lost. Peace.

• KrisKris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does the retrieving information for all contacts API retrieve the contacts photo? Is that one of the FieldValues? If not is there an API call to retrieve a members photo? Thank you.

• DBPDBP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOORAY! I cannot tell you how exciting this is for us. We are having to upload photos for every new member as they join in order to appear in our 3rd party scripting, and are missing updated photos when members change their user pic. Thank you for this.

• devrapdevrap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice a new API was just released with numerous changes (member pics not being one of them). Is this something that can now be added to the wish list for future API development?

• BrooksBrooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this please be added to the roadmap for a future api release?

Seems odd that every other piece of data can be retrieved except for images.

Since we can't seem to create a customized user profile with wildapricot - our workaround was to use the api to create it. But without the member photo - we have hit another roadblock.

Let me know where I need to post - so that this feature can be added to the roadmap OR a customized user profile feature.

Adding the field to the api seems like it would take much less work on WA's part - than creating an entire interface for customizing user profiles.

Thanks!

• DmitryDmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently picture fields are not accessible over API and there are no workaround.

• BrooksBrooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need to access the profile photo via the api.

Can someone at WA please point us in the right direction?

I exported my contacts as well, hoping to get some visibility as to where the profile photo data may be stored and don't see it there either.

Thanks so much!

• Matt PenningMatt Penning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - I added a "Profile picture" field for members and I'd like to be able to get the URL of the profile picture via the API, but I don't see it in there anywhere (no "Profile picture" field comes back in the JSON).

What I'm trying to do is create a printed roster, which would ideally contain all of the profile pictures of course.

Any ideas or suggestions? Maybe I am just missing something in the API?

Thanks,

~ Matt

• devrapdevrap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We are encouraged to custom build alternative searches to integrate geolocation or other features, but with the new API, are unable to integrate member user pics dynamically in the results. This is actually a huge issue for us!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7