Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add time for registration deadlines

Hi, WA folks. I have some suggestions for setting closing registration dates for events.

Right now, these dates:

1) Can only be changed by editing each membership registration type (eg member, guest, etc);

2) Can be expressed only in absolute calendar dates (such as "May 15") – and only for the day itself, not for the time – not for a date relative to the event (such as "2 days before the event").

My organisation has a dinner meeting one Wednesday per month, the booking deadline for which is always at 7:00 pm on the Monday beforehand. Even though I…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow Member profile Access Control by Member Level

Bottom Line: The matrix for controlling "Access to Others" for Profiles is insufficient. Currently the only choices are: Anyone, Members and No Access. We need another layer between Anyone and Members. This way we can use the full functionality of Wild Apricot and control access to information by delineating between the Public/Prospects and all real Members.

Discussion: What this is about is how Wild Apricot allows us and our Members to control access to the information they provide in their profiles and how they and we control everyone's privacy.

We have created two member levels:

In…

14 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to clean up email log, financial transactions etc. - e.g when converting from trial to actual use

Is there a way to clear out the payment transaction log?

(like we can clear out the test transactions in the database prior to starting for "real")

11 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Blog Features

It would be VERY helpful to our members if we had a search feature for the blog posts! Additionally, the ability to schedule posts would be nice for the post author.

Also, I've read from earlier threads that Google Feedburner could be utilized by members to subscribe to posts via email. Is that still operational?

Thank you!

18 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • WISHLIST: enable widgets to be mobile responsive

We use several of the WA widgets on our website, and as we continue to re-design the site to be more mobile responsive we find the widgets/iframes are not mobile responsive. WISHLIST: please nable widgets to be mobile responsive.

20 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Pull member data from Linkedin profile

Provide the option to populate a member's profile from their Linkedin profile - such as for a bio.

17 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • two factor authentication for Admins?

one of the things I've mentioned that is a concern for us is the compromising of our member lists.Is there any wish list item for TWO FACTOR authentication for Admins?we'd be willing to have a bit more effort to login if we could get a text sent to our smart phone with a second passcode...thanksPhil

17 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Functionality to generate physical letters

My organization is not going to go entirely digital. I need to generate the occasional physical letter. The idea is that in addition to being able to generate ad-hoc emails, I want to be able to generate ad-hoc physical mailings. But they are not really ad-hoc; they correspond to points in my organization's processes that do not map to WildApricot. I want to store templates for these letters in WildApricot; when the need arises, I would like to be able to ask WildApricot to instantiate a template I pick for a member I pick. I can do the printing and…

17 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Autoarchive function for Blog Posts

We use the blog function to post news items for our members and other site visitors. We currently have a very long collection of posts that should be deleted so they are not visible. It would be helpful to have the ability to select multiple posts at one time to delete or archive them all.

Alternatively, if there was a setting in the Blog gadget that enabled us to select 15/30/60/90 day autoarchiving rule, then these posts would automatically disappear into archive at the designated time. This would be a great help in terms of administrative time needed to otherwise…

15 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Gocardless system for UK to take Direct Debit

https://gocardless.com/

We were contacted by Gocardless UK payment provider, they asked if we can support their system for Wild Apricot, as they already work with several other membership software packages.

We've looked into their development specifications https://developer.gocardless.com/#introduction and we can theoretically develop support for this system, but we're not sure if this is the best candidate so far. For example, we are looking into direction of eWay (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827633-e-way-integration-for-recurring-payments-in-aus-n ) and Stripe (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827591-stripe-credit-card-processor-integration-16645 )

I created this topic to collect comments from our customers on Gocardless. Please, feel free to post here if you think this is important system…

10 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Chart of Accounts export to QuickBooks

An additional level of detail beyond “class” or replacing "class" that could associate with the Chart of account codes set up in quickbooks would save time and errors by identifying income categories automatically. I assign a general ledger account code to each invoice/payment to coordinate with the bookkeeper in the notes field that must be read manually. Could a separate field be available that QB would recognize on import.

16 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Event attendance comparison report

Hello All.

The organization that I set WA up for has multiple events each week, month, year. They are looking for a way to easily capture the number of registrations and compare them over the month/year.

The feature that I would like to see is an option to select an event name (our events have a relatively standard naming system) and compare the attendance of each event that was held over a definable period of time.

It would be nice to also be able to see a list of attendees, which could be sortable/searchable by the number of times the…

15 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Tracking donations with other member activity

Hi- as far as I can tell we are not able to pull into one document (other than a statement) all of a member's activity such as their donations, events and membership. Each silo has that information, but it isn't aggregated into one document we can use for fundraising purposes. Nor it is seemingly possible to combine that information from all members.

Donations reports only give sums, and isn't a detail list.

We are both a member organization as well as dependent on fundraising-and I am not sure that I can gather into one place the fundraising info I need.…

14 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • purging document and pictures files

It would be very useful if there were some way to tell if a particular document or picture in our WA database is linked to something on a page somewhere on our site. I'm sure we have pictures and documents which were used at one time but are not used now. I'd like to get rid of them. Would use less space and make the management easier.

Thanks.

GEM

13 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Enhancements for dealing with lapsed members

I understand that this most recent software update has introduced a change in the way that lapsed members are handled. Let's assume that we have WA set up so that renewal is once per year and occurs on the member's join date. According to the way I understand the online documentation, if a member is lapsed, then if they renew, a new renewal date is assigned, meaning that they don't owe any back dues. However, if a member is active and they are in arrears, they then do owe the back dues. (It's not clear from the documentation how this…

7 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Universal Email Footer

Need more info in footer when sending email blasts. CAN-SPAM requires a valid physical address.

Good -- Allow editing of the default footer that is added to all email blasts.

Better -- Allow editing, and saving, of multiple footers that can be chosen from, and added, by name, to each email blast as it is created and sent.

Best -- Allow editing of a default footer that is saved with all saved searches. Then, when a saved search is used to send an email blast, the footer saved and sent with it can be edited, and re-saved.

14 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Administrator control over Member photo albums

As a Wild Apricot website Administrator, I would like to be able to delete individual images from a Member's photo album (e.g. offensive, inappropriate, others' request).

While a Member can add and delete photos, an Administrator can only turn the photo album feature on and off, i.e. shut down all albums for an individual Member.

A workaround is to reset that Member's password, log in as that Member then delete the desired image(s). Then advise the Member to reset their password. This is not the most desirable solution.

From a security perspective, Administrator control over a Member's uploaded content is…

16 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • New Gadget: See who is currently logged in

Desired:
                                      A gadget where members who are currently logged into your site are displayed.

There would be a list of those who are logged in, with links to their profile pages. Members would have the ability to indicate if they want to be included in this gadget, and for those that do their field-level privacy settings would be respected.

This could be used to show visitors to the site, or logged in members (by putting it in a member restricted area), who is currently on the site which can help encourage communication between people (by using the Member contact form,…

17 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Advanced options for event registration types pricing

We are finding the we would like to have sub-registration items available under main registration types. Hopefully, other will see a need for this. Here is what we are looking for.

For instance, we set up an event and want to offer a exhibitor only pass as a registration type, however, we want to charge a daily rate for this pass. So similar to how the registration form "multiple choice with extra cost" function works, we would like the registration type to work the same way as follows:
                                        Exhibits Only Registration (no price listed)

The user would select one or…

13 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • After-Event Materials Link for Presentation Documents

It would be great if there was a logical place to add a copy of the presentation and any other event documents after the event is over so that members can download them (especially for those members who couldn't attend the meeting). Is there anyway to do this?

16 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base