Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Blog Content

My reading of this forum this morning leads me to believe there is no way of extracting blog posts from the Wild Apricot CMS. Is this true? Across the board, meaning even WA staff cannot export the content? Or, a support request to the WA technical staff can solve this issue?

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Maintain cursor position switching to/from HTML view

If you wish to fine-tune something by switching to the HTML view while editing a page it is a major task to find the right place. Can you place the cursor in the same position when switching to/from the HTML view to make this easy?

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Include event tags in export of invoices for events

We're loving WA, and we think it's really going to work!

The one thing we're finding a bit strange is that Event Category tags work fantastic, but they don't show up anywhere in reporting.

Furthermore, it's impossible to export a list of events and see any sort of financial data.

It would be fantastic to have event included in the list of invoices and export of invoices

Then if we could export this with financial data that would be top!

Cheers

Adrian

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Store Credit Card Information

Hi

Please add the capability to use the stored credit card feature of Authorize.net! Our members very much want this capability and it would increase our attendance at events. We need this for membership renewal, events and donations. Authorize.net has the interface well defined but Wild Apricot hasn't implemented the capability.

It would be OK to implement it in a way that your partners could provide us the capability rather than have it fully automated into Wild Apricot.

I hope others will comment as I've seen this asked for in the past.

Thanks

Kathy

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Set Both Background Image and Color for Site

It would be nice to be able to specify both a site background color and image, so that the color will show while the image is loading.

We have a relatively large dark-colored background image. While it's loading the background is white (default) and then it suddenly switches to the dark image.

This is a small polishing detail but it seems relatively easy to implement (I hope).

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Icons/previews for page templates or master templates

We're considering a small improvement that would add previews/icons of page templates and or master templates instead of the current drop down list.

But before we invest time/energy into researching a solution and developing it, we wanted to confirm if any users actually had problems with the existing dropdowns during their initial setup or for regular updates.

Any comments for or against this change would be appreciated!

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Click column headers to re-sort directory

I would really like to be able to allow users to re-sort a member directory simply by clicking a column header. Right now, the sort order of the directory is pre-determined by the admin who sets up the directory page.

If that's too complicated, then maybe provide a dropdown box with all the visible fields on the directory page from which the user can choose.

As an added feature if you ever decide to implement this, being able to indicate the direction of the sort is useful (A to Z vs. Z to A).

Kim

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Track donations of goods by donors

We'd like to be able to manually enter donations of goods by donors, with the ability to have multiple donation records for each donor. In this way we could keep track of donors who give items for our yearly auctions, and keep track of what they donate each year. It would be an 'item' record that is manually entered by admin, just like the monetary donation record that is automatically entered when someone donates online, and would be "owned" by the donor record.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Easily resizing a picture by dragging a corner

I'm not finding this to be very intuitive as with a wix.com site. I'd like to just insert the picture and than drag a corner to adjust the size. Am I missing where to access an option like this?

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Control which saved searches to show in the list

From what I've read so far through the apps we are not able to create new searches or modify existing searches that have been saved through the desktop version of WA. Could there possibly be a way to add a checkbox on the full version of WA searches to show only those searches in the app? We have a lot of internal searches that don't necessarily need to be included on the app, but it would be nice to be able to reduce the number of searches in the app list to only those that are deemed necessary for our…

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Transferring sign-in/authentication status to a third party website

We would like to have our members link to outside web sites (for example to access journal article content), using the WA login. The easiest way to do this is using signed linking, which there is no support for in WA. This could also provide a simple mechanism to provide Single Sign-on support using the WA login.

For example, WA should be able to create a link such as:

<a href="pathInfo?originator=originator&identity=identity&timestamp=timestamp&token=signature">

Where:

• pathInfo - the destination of the link

• originator - the name of the service generating the signed link. This would be specified in the link settings.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Ability to Sort Membership Level in Admin View - when adding new members

I saw a request about this in the thread in general questions but would like to make a formal request - When adding a new member manually, i.e. in admin view, to allow the list of options for Membership Level to be sorted so that the first one in the list is our preferred choice for new members. When we set up the Membership Levels we weren't aware of a problem we'd have when we added new members manually. Our primary Membership Level, which is the only level available to new members, is Regular. It happens to be 5th out…

4 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Background Pictures/Watermarks

I have no trouble with adding a picture or background colour, but is there a way that we can add a picture, but fade it so that it is just lightly in the background?

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Adding "Read more" link to event details

Hello there,

We sometimes have events that have many speakers for which we give bios of each. This can make the event description quite lengthy. In order to shorten the event description so that it's not so overwhelming for the potential attendee, it would be great to have the ability for a "Read more" link within the event description. That way, if someone wants to read more about Jane Doe's life, then he/she can just click the "Read more" link and be taken to a separate page just for that person. Right now, I could create a content page underneath…

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to select landing page

It would be nice to allow the administrator to select what page then land at when they login. Sometimes I login and land on the dashboard, sometimes I login and land on the web home page and have to click "switch to admin view" then I go to the dash board then I click where I want to go, I'd love to set it up that when I login I land on the 'contacts' page.

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • CC list for system emails.

When sending out automated emails WA doesn't include a cc list in either the email header or the email body. For newer clubs or clubs that distribute administrative functions widely among volunteers, this means that when an email goes out, the (indirect) recipients don't necessarily know who else is seeing the email. And that means unnecessary FYI emails get sent after the fact.

Would it be easy to add a cc list to the bottom of the system generated emails that lists the adminstrative recipients? (by name rather than by email) Perhaps this should be an option, as some clubs…

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • prevent event registration for outstanding balance

Is there a way to prevent a person from registering that has an outstanding balance? We are having a lot of issues with repeat no-pay/no-shows.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Social Media Compatibility ...

WA should consider incorporating into the platform the ability to distribute social-media updates simultaneously with email 'newsletters' and other blasted communications. I envision the user programming into their social-media account information, and from the email-newsletter/communique-creation phase one would have the ability to add whichever social-media outlets they choose. From there, you would either send out the subject of the email and a link to the newsletter/communique as a default or it could be edited to fine-tune the blast to the different social-media outlets. Email newsletters/communiques could also have the ability to be 'Like'd or tweeted by readers, which would post…

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Change position of any contact/member form field

Currently the member form fields are shown vertically one under another on a page. How can we move any field we want to any position on the page?

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • make registration closing date visible

It would be great if the closing date for events could be listed along with the other event registration details.

This would help create a sense of urgency (maybe) and hopefully encourage people to register for events sooner.

I realise that this could be added i the description field for each registration type as a workaround, but given it is possible to set when a registration type is available until, that it is published automatically.

Or better yet, as part of the "enable registrations" field, there is the option to add a closing date so that registrations for all types…

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base