Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit content on the site w/o having to click 2-3 times

Would like the ability to edit content on the site w/o having to click 2-3 times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Show registrant name in the admin view of an invoice

At the moment (June 2013), in "Invoice" view, only the name of the person who did the registration is displayed. It would be hugely helpful if the person who was registered also displayed on the invoice. It is awkward having the flip back and forth between the registration record and the invoice to view full information on the transcation.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to Sort Membership Level in Admin View - when adding new members

I saw a request about this in the thread in general questions but would like to make a formal request - When adding a new member manually, i.e. in admin view, to allow the list of options for Membership Level to be sorted so that the first one in the list is our preferred choice for new members. When we set up the Membership Levels we weren't aware of a problem we'd have when we added new members manually. Our primary Membership Level, which is the only level available to new members, is Regular. It happens to be 5th out…

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add Heartland Payment Systems as a supported online payment system

We use Heartland Payment Systems to process all of our credit card transactions. In order to work with Wild Apricot, we have to use Authorize.net as a portal to connect to Heartland Payment Systems.

It would be wonderful if Wild Apricot could add Heartland Payment Systems as a supported online payment system.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Association Financial Statements

Please add the ability for a small association to track all finances and generate basic financial statements. Many small associations are supported by membership dues primarily and your system already allows memberships and payments. These payments could flow directly to the financial statements. Give an option for the accounting type - cash or accrual - which determines when and how the income transactions are recorded. This would provide an all in one suite for small associations - web design, membership/contact management and communications, events and finances.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Print range of Events

We would like to see an advanced search added to the Events List to enable

printing of events by date and/or tag.

We have a lot of events in a multiple venues and require the ability to print and display a weekly list by venue (Tag)

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Admin ability to disable workflow emails

I have searched for help on this and not located any. I would like to be able to disable workflow emails but leave our organization eblast emails in place. I can understand why you don't want the member to be able to do this but I would like to.

When our members receive a renewal invoice and have elected not to renew, they often let us know. They may have a couple weeks left of their membership which would include several more renewal reminders they don't need. However, I cannot end those as a courtesy without stopping all their email,…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • HTML Cleanup use lowercase tags

Mostly this is just a pet peeve of mine, but I am a bit OCD about proper HTML markup. While uppercase html tags are acceptable and browsers will support it, it is not recommended.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_elements.asp

"W3Schools use lowercase tags because the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase in HTML 4, and demands lowercase tags in XHTML."

There's no way to override the automatic HTML cleanup and prevent it from block capitalizing all of my carefully prepared HTML, or get it to use lowercase tags.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Link member info to Webcheckout

Can Wild Apricot send member information to webcheckout so members don't have to be entered into both systems. Webcheckout supports protocols listed here:

http://www.onshore-devel.com/data-integration.html

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Event Presenter/Trainer

All of our events are training workshops, and it would be very useful to have a section to list name the trainers.

Thanks

Lewis

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Ability to forward FYI e-mails to membership

I really love how easy Wild Apricot makes it to send out e-blasts to members or contacts, and we use it for club announcements and newsletters. However, I routinely run into a problem with trying to forward e-mails to our distribution lists.

Our organization often gets announcements from other groups advertising trainings and workshops that we would like to let our members know about. The problem is the only way I can figure out to send this information to our membership is to log into our account and set up an e-mail from the system, and this can be a…

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Linking Members to Groups

It sure would be great to be able to link members to specific groups without having their membership level and billing change. Now the only way to put members into a group is through family/corporate bundles and when doing so, the member moves to a different level of membership. Just a simple 'link' feature to activate in membership levels that allow groups and have member ID's inserted would be very helpful. Thank you.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • sort membership levels on membership level change form

We can now manually sort membership levels on the new member application form so we no longer have to use numbers to get the various levels in the desired order. However, if a member wants to change membership level, the levels on that form are not manually sortable. If you want the levels to be listed in the same (logical) order on the change-membership-level form as on the new member application, you still have to resort to the old number system, which pretty much negates the value of the spiffy new manual level sort "feature".

Please make the level ordering…

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add user information in hidden input tags to each page

Any page personalization or links to other sites with user identifiers as URL parameters is very complex because this info is only available on the user's profile page and has to be scraped from that page. This results in some very convoluted javascript with cross page dependencies. Also, whenever Wild Apricot changes the format of the profile page, the custom javascript will break.

Can you please add input hidden tags with some key user profile values to every page:

* UserID

* UserName

* UserEmailAddress

like:

<input type="hidden" id="UserID" name="UserID" value="12345678" />

<input type="hidden" id="UserName" name="UserName" value="Joe User" />

<input…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Improving manual event registration to avoid errors

With the introduction of the the new screen for Administrators to add people to their events, many are adding existing members as new contacts. I have had four of five examples of this. The reason I believe is that they do not notice the 'Select existing contact' button and go straight to the blank attendee registration form. We hardly ever add new contacts, so the set up for us is wrong.

My suggestion is that the screen be redesigned to make the Select existing contact more prominent. Ideally, in my opinion, there should be two buttons: the first, labelled Select…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Count of Comments

It would be nice for each members post to have a counter to indicate what number post it is. This way sites could do contests and give away things to the first one to reach 50 or 100 comments. It could help encourage participation.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • PayPal spurious email to members

We have been using PayPal Standard to process membership dues. Unfortunately Wild Apricot includes a Shipping address as part of the transfer of information to PayPal. As a consequence PayPal requires processing of the order as goods and the new member receives a confusing email saying that their order is shipped.

There must be a way to correct this as I have used PayPal for other societies (not using WA) and not had this problem.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Emailing From Profiles

Can anyone advise me on the "message" links found in the member profiles?

What I mean is, when a member contacts another member by clicking on the button at top of profile, is there a way to "hide" the senders email address, or keep email back and forth private?

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Linking members of contacts - e.g. wife and husband

Is there any way to connect 2 members? For example, if I have a husband and wife who have different accounts, but if someone looks up the husband, is there a way to say "and this is his wife" then link to her profile?

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a big deal for UK charities.

Official description: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingMoney/GivingMoneyToCharity/DG_10015097

Generally, the way it works is that when a charity asks for a donation, they also ask the donor to tick a box to enable the charity to reclaim an additional tax element from the tax authority (if the donor is a UK tax payer).

Combined with a date field (which Wild Apricot doesn't yet provide!), we administrators could create a report/search query to pre-fill the relevant form to submit to the tax authority for the reclaim.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base