Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Membership Access and fingerprint readers

We use Wild Apricot as membership software for our community swimming pool. It is great for online registration, creating membership lists, etc. It would be REALLY GREAT if Wild Apricot developed software to integrate with e.g. fingerprint readers so that we could use the software to not only track and manage our membership but also use it for membership access to the facility. Just something to think about for the future...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • When paying invoice in full, copy internal notes to payment record

Our membership coordinator enters many renewals manually. She selects the renew button enters an internal note on the invoice, selects the tender and clicks on "Payment Made In Full". When trying to reconcile the payments she wants to export the payments & refunds record and see those notes. We would like to see the invoice internal notes transferred to the payment internal notes if the "Payment Made in Full" button is activated for manual renewals, otherwise it takes extra steps to put the notes in the payment internal notes field.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make number of places left visible on event summary [18530]

Now that we have more control over the ability to limit the number of places available for registrations, it would be good to be able to display this information on the event page.

Currently, you see how many places are left as part of the registration process (incidentally, I have had some people advise that this is somewhat confusing as its not clear that the number of places left are not including the current registration - so I have had people contact me not sure if they're registration was successful on account of it saying 0 places left while they…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • DirectConnect Gateway

We are running 10 WA sites and would like to use DirectConnect Gateway for our merchant processing. We can't switch to this gateway until it is enabled on your site.

Have you thought of a fee-based service for integration of alternate gateways. We would pay a nice fee so we don't have to change processors and gateways just to use wild apricot.

Thank you.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Enable "No Access" Forum Setting for Public

Hopefully this is a small change, but a useful one.

I would like to create a forum for private discussions among Board of Director members.

So as not to rub it in members' noses that there's a forum they are excluded from, I don't want it listed in the Forums List page.

So I restrict it to members of the Directors group.

Good: Members can't see it in the Forums list page.

Bad: Public visitors can see it. So can Members if they log out.

This thread http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308929-general-discussion-and-questions/suggestions/8825143-how-do-i-restrict-forum-access-to-members-only explains the reasoning behind disabling Public No Access. That's fine if you…

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Redirect HTTPS to HTTP for Payments Only SSL setting

For sites that use the "Payments Only" setting for SSL and a custom domain, WA still allows users to access the non-payment pages using HTTPS. That seems convienient, but there are side effects to allowing HTTPS access to an HTTP page. First, if a user does try to access a non-payment page with HTTPS, they will get a browser certificate mis-match warning. As you know, the warning that modern browsers display can be quite scary to the average user. I think you will find this issue to be more common than you think, such as a new site where the…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Yearly Committee sign up need

Hi. My organization has committees that change every year. We used google docs to allow people to sign up but some had trouble. I created a sign up on our new WA site but it's not working properly. Is it possible to allow us to create A committee signup list for our members?

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • we have search for 'last' or 'current', what about 'next'?

the advanced search capability makes it sooooo easy to search for last month or year, or this month or year, but what about 'next month'? Please add that to the easy-access search criteria.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Back Button to Forum Summary

My site really needs a back button to the Forum Summary after a commenter posts. It's a critical flaw. I've never seen a message board that doesn't have this function. I've already gotten complaints about it from my membership calling the software bulky and non-intuitive.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add "Anonymous" Commenting Option to Profile

Currently, anyone commenting on a Forum has their name displayed with their comment. The only way to comment anonymously is to remove all outside access to the profile.

On the premise that people might be more willing to participate in a Forum if they could easily create anonymity, adding a profile option to permit anonymous commenting would be a helpful feature.

An alternative approach might be to direct the commenter through a process allowing removal of their name, substituting of a "nickname" or simply "anonymous" to identify the commenter.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Force Custom Required Field to Be Entered for All Bundle Members at Renewal

Occasionally we add a new custom field to our membership profile page and we'd like to require that this new field get filled out for all members when a bundle admin renews. Currently the renewal process forces only the Bundle Admin to fill in the new required field. It remains blank or null for their bundled members, and our membership is lazy and won't fill out the new field unless the system requires it.

Thanks,

David.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Limiting discount codes

In a previous event registration system I used, I could create coupon codes and then limit the number of times it could be used. The way that I used it was to create each of my sponsor companies their own code, and then limit it to however many discounts they were allowed (i.e. one level of sponsorship gets 2 free attendees to all events, so I would make the coupon be a 100% discount and limit it to being used twice).

Right now, it appears that you can do ONE coupon per registration level. I prefer not to do that…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Filter income report by member/contact record attributes

One of our clients has a setup where each member is coded with a branch (a custom field).

What they are looking to do is to report on the total of subscriptions (membership income) and donations that can be attributed to a particular branch. (Branches have their annual targets and this report would help tracking the progress toward target).

A possible solution to this is to add the ability to filter the transactions included into the income report by contact/member record attributes.

(See http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Financial+reports#Financialreports-Incomereport )

I would appreciate comments and votes from other clients so we can evaluate and prioritize…

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add integration with ClickBank payment processor

Is there a way to use the registration/database capabilities with WA, but then have a payment button link to another payment processor. I'm looking to use ClickBank for my payment processor because it allows for recurring payments and affiliate management.

Thanks!

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • One to Many

We currently have a flat file record for each member, and a one to many for events, invoices etc. A member can attend many events. We are a not-for-profit car club, and we run around 75 events (competition events on racetracks and social events) per year.

Our members have a one (member) to many (cars) set of information. They may bring one car to a competition event and onother to a social event. So, I created 6 fields: Vehicle 1, Vehicle 2 up to Vehcile5, and then a Field “Which Vehicle are you bringing?”. Some members have 1, most have…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Financial Report at Particular date instead of as of Today

Financial data (e.g. Receivables) need to be able to be backdated e.g. quarterly, half yearly etc. rather than perpertual updated at the date of producing Financial Reports.

This is useful for reporting purposes, especially if you are being audited.

Thanks

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Please make the email user interface consistent on all pages where one can compose and send an email

The email interface is inconsistent on some pages. All pages that have the ability to compose and send an email should have exactly the same interface. They should all provide the ability to use the same editor, use macros, and provide the ability to test, save, and send the email.

This is currently not the case.For example, in the Finances area, within an invoice, you have the ability to create an email to send to the member but this page has only a "Send email" and "Cancel" button. There is no "Preview and send", "Test-email", of "Save and close" (create…

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • make it possible to customize the directory search criteria

> Can you please make it possible to amend the search criteria
                                      > on the drop down box for the search function (in the directory) to
                                      > just show 'contains' rather than all the other options e.g. 'empty'
                                      > etc. See below:
                                      >
                                      > http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Advanced+search+-+Members
                                      > Text / Multi-text fields e.g. "email", "lastname", "organization" -
                                      > can be searched by:
                                      >
                                      > These options can they be limited / removed/ not displayed?
                                      > Contains / Does not contain: will return records that contain / do
                                      > not contain matching string
                                      > Is / Is not: returns records that match /…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • HELP! How to access a gadget settings OTHER than clicking on the "settings" gear??

I've discovered that it's possible to get a layout to the point where you CAN'T access certain elements because of other placed elements in the way.

So, I need to get to the settings of my Login element. I can access ONLY a small amount of the right edge - just enough to click "delete", but moving past that, and the selection switches to a placeholder next to it - so I can't access to the gear to get to settings!!

What to do??

FEATURE REQUEST: when you're editing a template/page, have a LIST of gadgets on the page and…

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to add new lists to database

We would like to be able to add new lists to the database, in particular to manage our library and our newsletters. Being able to create a table of relevant fields, including the ability to add records to a table of related events, and tie each record back to the member list would be very helpful. For the library, a list of books tied to a list of checkouts/returns, for the newsletters a list of available newsletters with a count of download attempts. I'm sure there are other equally useful options for new lists for other users, the point being…

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base