Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Advanced options for event registration types pricing

We are finding the we would like to have sub-registration items available under main registration types. Hopefully, other will see a need for this. Here is what we are looking for.

For instance, we set up an event and want to offer a exhibitor only pass as a registration type, however, we want to charge a daily rate for this pass. So similar to how the registration form "multiple choice with extra cost" function works, we would like the registration type to work the same way as follows:
    Exhibits Only Registration (no price listed)

The user would select one or…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • After-Event Materials Link for Presentation Documents

It would be great if there was a logical place to add a copy of the presentation and any other event documents after the event is over so that members can download them (especially for those members who couldn't attend the meeting). Is there anyway to do this?

15 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Data protection compliance for European users

I have already discussed this issue in General Discussions but just wanted to formally place it in the Wishlist.

This is the gist of current EU legislation on transfer of data outside the EU :

"Transfers may be made to any country or territory in respect of which the Commission has made a ‘positive finding of adequacy’. . . .The Commission has so far recognized Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Canada (commercial organisations), Switzerland, Faeroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Uruguay and the US Department of Commerce's Safe Harbour Privacy Principles as providing adequate protection . . .

12 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Legal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We published an article ‘Making your Wild Apricot site GDPR-compliant’ on our help site: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1580

There are several changes released with version 6.0:

• The new Email template, that you could use for collecting consent from existing contacts or for Privacy Policy update notifications.
          • Ability to export the list of registrations for each contact. It will help to download personal data if it was collected in the registrations too.
          • Ability to collect consent on Waitlist registration form if only Name and email are collecting from waitlisters.

We are still working on:

• Ability to collect consent during the checkout process for our Online store

If you have any comments or questions please use this thread or reply me directly by email.

All information about GDPR status is presented on our website: https://www.wildapricot.com/gdpr

Katya Tyukina
          Product Owner @ Wild Apricot

• Blog Features

It would be VERY helpful to our members if we had a search feature for the blog posts! Additionally, the ability to schedule posts would be nice for the post author.

Also, I've read from earlier threads that Google Feedburner could be utilized by members to subscribe to posts via email. Is that still operational?

Thank you!

15 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • WISHLIST: enable widgets to be mobile responsive

We use several of the WA widgets on our website, and as we continue to re-design the site to be more mobile responsive we find the widgets/iframes are not mobile responsive. WISHLIST: please nable widgets to be mobile responsive.

17 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Pull member data from Linkedin profile

Provide the option to populate a member's profile from their Linkedin profile - such as for a bio.

14 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Event attendance comparison report

Hello All.

The organization that I set WA up for has multiple events each week, month, year. They are looking for a way to easily capture the number of registrations and compare them over the month/year.

The feature that I would like to see is an option to select an event name (our events have a relatively standard naming system) and compare the attendance of each event that was held over a definable period of time.

It would be nice to also be able to see a list of attendees, which could be sortable/searchable by the number of times the…

13 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Email Signature

I would like to have a set up in the email section that I could add my signature to the emails that I send, much like Outlook has a signature that you can set. There are two of us that send emails in WA and it would be helpful to have a signature for each of us. Right now I am having to type my name and contact info on each email.

11 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Auto-populate address fields when charging a CC

We've recently upgraded to PayPal Pro so we can charge CCs through Wild Apricot. The problem right now is that it needs the address entered when entering the card info.

At an event, I'd like to be able to get the card info (via old-fashioned knucklebuster imprint) and then manually run the card later. But as it is, I also have to get the full address when I get the card info, and it's going to slow walk-in registration considerably.

If the system could auto-populate the registrant's address in the fields when I go to charge the card, it would…

12 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Export event registration fields report [13545]

I would like to be able to export the Event registration fields report

This is where we have information on who wants what kind of meal, whether they are licensed ot not, etc. It would be very useful to have this as an excel file.Thanks

13 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add report on event payments by tender [9008]

I'd like to rename the thread, or perhaps it should be a separate thread?

Enhance Payment Report to separately total Manual Payments and On Line Payments as it did before

Or perhaps it's a separate thread --- the more I think about this, the more anxious I'm getting about our event management with this new report! This is going to make our event reconciliations much harder for our event managers. The old Payment report immediately displayed the total dollars paid via check (manual), and made sense to the event managers. Manual payments are all the event managers are responsible for…

7 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Do not send automatic emails for manual admin actions

This is a relatively minor request but something I find to be a workflow pain. As an admin, when I add a new member to the database the new member activation email does not automatically get sent out to the new member if I set their status to 'Active' initially. I have to add the member in two steps to get the email to go out -- first add them as 'pending', save it, then either go back into their record and record receipt of their payment or change their status from 'pending' to 'active' to trigger the email.

It…

10 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Renaming buttons on the forum for replies and new threads

I have noticed that every time my forum users start a brand-new topic, they do so by adding it as a comment to a previous topic. I'm sure this is because the New Comment button is the only one they see as they are reading through the forum (unless they go back a page, which they don't know to do).

I would really like have a New Topic button on that page, too. I'd also like the "New Comment" button changed to Post Response which I think makes more sense to users.

Thanks! -Bradley

11 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Autoarchive function for Blog Posts

We use the blog function to post news items for our members and other site visitors. We currently have a very long collection of posts that should be deleted so they are not visible. It would be helpful to have the ability to select multiple posts at one time to delete or archive them all.

Alternatively, if there was a setting in the Blog gadget that enabled us to select 15/30/60/90 day autoarchiving rule, then these posts would automatically disappear into archive at the designated time. This would be a great help in terms of administrative time needed to otherwise…

12 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Gocardless system for UK to take Direct Debit

https://gocardless.com/

We were contacted by Gocardless UK payment provider, they asked if we can support their system for Wild Apricot, as they already work with several other membership software packages.

We've looked into their development specifications https://developer.gocardless.com/#introduction and we can theoretically develop support for this system, but we're not sure if this is the best candidate so far. For example, we are looking into direction of eWay (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827633-e-way-integration-for-recurring-payments-in-aus-n ) and Stripe (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827591-stripe-credit-card-processor-integration-16645 )

I created this topic to collect comments from our customers on Gocardless. Please, feel free to post here if you think this is important system…

9 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Blog Post Triggers Email Blast

It would be efficient to have the option when a blog post is created to automatically email the content of the blog post to the email group that has subscribed to blog updates. Currently, an email has to be manually generated. Thanks.

15 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Tracking donations with other member activity

Hi- as far as I can tell we are not able to pull into one document (other than a statement) all of a member's activity such as their donations, events and membership. Each silo has that information, but it isn't aggregated into one document we can use for fundraising purposes. Nor it is seemingly possible to combine that information from all members.

Donations reports only give sums, and isn't a detail list.

We are both a member organization as well as dependent on fundraising-and I am not sure that I can gather into one place the fundraising info I need.…

11 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Add Option of Recurring Payments for Events

I work with an organization that holds an annual conference with a cost of ~$400.

To make it more affordable to some of the members, they have an option to do multi-pays/recurring payments.

The organization currently has a problem of multiple databases (one for purchases, one for membership, one for forums, one for email blasts, one for the conference), and was really looking forward to consolidating under Wild Apricot.

To my surprise, recurring payments only apply to membership.

Is there another option that I have missed? We use Authorize.net, and do have CIM.

9 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Officer Designations

I would love to have some sort of "officer" designation capability. I use WA for three(!) nonprofits I'm involved with, each of which has volunteer officers. I've adjusted a few things and made all kinds of workarounds, but if there was a way to assign an officer position to a member, it would simplify many of our processes. Things this could help:

An "officer" directory that is automatic (even if it had to be created through a saved search). My current workaround is to either 1) do a plain web page and list members, updating their info as it changes,…

11 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Member Directory: Disable access to profiles

Several of my clients have multiple directories on their sites. On certain directories (not all), they would like to be able to prevent visitors from clicking on an entry to view the member details/profile screen. On other directories they do want visitors to be able to click through.

It would be nice if there was a simple checkbox on the Edit Settings screen for directories that could be checked to turn off/on the link to the profile screen for all entries in a particular directory.

Kim

9 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base