Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SEO - Improve Member Directory Indexing by Search Engines

Current Situation

Member Directory content will not always be indexed by search engines even if the pages are publicly visible.

Desired Situation

Have all publicly visible pages (including member directories) be fully exposed and visible to search engines to improve site SEO ranking potential.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  SEO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to close site to public/member access for maintenance procedures

We will need to export the entire membership list and purge many listings with undeliverable email addresses. It will then take a brief period of time to delete the existing list and upload the corrected one. Is there some sort of "Temporarily Closed for Maintenance -- Please Try Again in 15 Minutes" procedure for this?

WA replied "Unfortunately, we do not have this feature. For now, you would have to do this either at night or earlier in the morning. But this sounds like a good idea and I would suggest to add it to our Wishlist so other people…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accounts Receivable Report for selected period

The AR report only provides the current picture. If I do not remember to run it on the last day of the month it must be contrived by deleting any income and invoices. Enabling this to run for a selected period just like all the other reports would provide for correlation/proofing with our books and allow for historical comparisons that tell us if our collections are improving/lagging/meeting our goals.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Discount coupons for recurring payments

I would like to see coupons that place a permanent discount on a recurring payment membership price.

To be clear, I am not asking for a coupon that will only affect the cost of a recurring payment for a limited time. For example, normal price is $5.00 recurring monthly, but with coupon code the cost will be $4.00 recurring monthly for the duration of the membership.

Coupon codes are a huge marketing tool and should be available also for a recurring payment only business like ours.

Thank You

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. QuickBooks Intuit Merchant Services

Our organization would also like to use Quickbooks/Intuit Merchant Services. We are very unhappy with PayPal especially when processing corporate credit cards. It appears that Google Checkout requires individuals to have a Google account which some of our members object to.

Since you have an interface with Quickbooks, why not add its Merchant Services processing.

Thank you.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Overhaul WA HTML e-Mail to send out REAL HTML standard

A while ago I realized why my RESPONSIVE HTML e-Mails weren't responsive: I found out that the Wild Apricot eMail System does not send out WW3 confirm HTML eMails, as it "cleans" all HTML code from the templates that are not inside the <body> tag while sending it out.

This is a real problem because eMail clients like Apple Mail and others totally depend on the correct DOC Type and <meta> tag structure and content to correctly display HTML and give the viewing device the chance to arrange the layout according to the designer's CSS code. Without the complete HTML…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ratings and Reviews

Is the option available for members to comment and rate/rank
    * blog posts
    * business ads
    * forums
    * events
    * members

This would be so useful and my our community more dynamic.

Thanks!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create the option of indicating the distribution list in an email blast

It would be handy to have the option to indicate on an email blast who the email was sent to in total. eg if the email was sent to all Committee Members. At the moment, members receive an email without know who else is on the distribution list for that particular email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Frank responded

Interesting. But we’ll need to see more interest from other users, before we can seriously consider adding this feature.

10. Search criteria - NOT

We are a new user and have uploaded the member lists from data in our desktop database. Now we need to be sure that all our users have reset their passwords (senior group, some with limited computer skills).

We did find a way to see everyone who had logged in at least once. Admin area > Members > Advanced Search criteria: Last login date. This suited our situation because if they were able to login, that meant they had reset their passwords.

What we couldn’t get, however, was a search list of those who had never logged in. We worked…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide secure FTP to Resources folder, WebDav is too slow and unreliable

File upload via the main files 'widget' is slow and cumbersome, and WebDav uploads are very slow, and often unreliable. Secure FTP should be straightforward to implement, and would make life much simpler when managing large numbers of files.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Routing of Emails for Events to different email address per event

I need to have event registration notifications go to unique email addresses for a given event.

Eg.

Event1=nofication sent to a1@mysite.com

Event2=notification sent to a2@mysite.com and a3@mysite.com

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Event Creation Should Allow No Date in Calendar [11793]

There are many times when we have a future event but not a date for it yet. We would like to still put this event in our events list but not be forced to put a date that will be wrong and misleading even if we put a comment DATE TO BE DETERMINED.

Thanks.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Simplify adding event into my calendar - e.g. attach calendar invitation into emails or suggest to add on the last screen

I'd like to be able to attach an ical (Microsoft Outlook Calendar) file to event registration confirmation emails as I do not like to include all of the details of the meeting/webinar/training on our events page since it's open to the public. I've ran into issue in which attendees do not register since they have all of the information needed to attend. This would greatly help in encouraging registration and provide them the ability to add the details to their own calendar. Thanks!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Joining Fees, dynamic pricing and membership upgrades

When a dynamic pricing field has been added to membership fields to act as a one-off joining fee, this should not appear if a member upgrades from one level to another.

Furthermore it would make much more sense to add a one-off joining fee to the membership level itself and have check boxes to determine if it is on new application only or also on renewal and also when member changes level. Simple and easy to administer.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gadget to show member activity

i would also like to pile onto this suggestion. A functional page or gadget within a page that would announce new albums or new album content would make this feature much more compelling IMO.

In fact a widget that generally announced membership directory events would be very useful, for example:

- John Doe has joined the organization

- Bob Smith has a new email address (assuming that he has made it public), new job, etc

- Karen Jones is now a life member

- Chris White has created a photo album named Spring Convention photos with 10 images

- Alex…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change type of the database field, e.g. from event to common or from event to member-only field

It would help me so much if we could easily move fields from the membership area to the contact area.

We just started using the events feature, and found that we had no way to transfer the information they filled out in the event application to their membership profile. We realized that we need to move a lot of fields from the membership profile to the contact fields, but there is no easy way to do this.

Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Member profile Access Control by Member Level

Bottom Line: The matrix for controlling "Access to Others" for Profiles is insufficient. Currently the only choices are: Anyone, Members and No Access. We need another layer between Anyone and Members. This way we can use the full functionality of Wild Apricot and control access to information by delineating between the Public/Prospects and all real Members.

Discussion: What this is about is how Wild Apricot allows us and our Members to control access to the information they provide in their profiles and how they and we control everyone's privacy.

We have created two member levels:

In…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to clean up email log, financial transactions etc. - e.g when converting from trial to actual use

Is there a way to clear out the payment transaction log?

(like we can clear out the test transactions in the database prior to starting for "real")

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Event attendance comparison report

Hello All.

The organization that I set WA up for has multiple events each week, month, year. They are looking for a way to easily capture the number of registrations and compare them over the month/year.

The feature that I would like to see is an option to select an event name (our events have a relatively standard naming system) and compare the attendance of each event that was held over a definable period of time.

It would be nice to also be able to see a list of attendees, which could be sortable/searchable by the number of times the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base