Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copying events: changing event dates relative to new start date

When copying an existing event to create a new one, it would be even better if the process would be able to change all the dates related to the event relative to the new event date.

Currently, you have to go in and change all the Registration type open or closing dates which can easily be overlooked when copying an event. It would be great if the system could maintain the same dates relative to the new date of the event being created.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Events: Pin an event to top of list

I would like the ability to pin an event to the top of the Event List when viewing the listview version of events (not calendar view). Some organizations have one or two events (e.g., Annual Conference) that are really important and they always want them displayed at the top of the list -- all year long.

Kim

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Birthday Emails

It would be nice if we could have a function where a system email went out to someone on their birthday. We could get that information from the member profile.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Capture info prior to accessing certain web pages

We would like to require that people complete a form before being able to access a specific page on our website

We want to post an online workbook and video series but want to know when people (and who!) are accessing the page. We would want to require that they complete a form before being granted access to that page. (And preferably allow cookies to be stored so they can come back without having to complete the form again.)

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide non-member registration types for members

We set up a yearly event in which members and non members are invited to attend at different prices. I create different registration types and that all works fine. When a non member registers they only get the non-member registration types, that is good. But when an active member starts to register for the event they get both the member and non-member price options.

Does anyone know a way to hide the non-member pricing from the logged-in members so they only get offered the member pricing? Am I missing a checkbox combination in setting up the Reg types?

Elliott

http://nahac.memberlodge.com/

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to preview changes to theme, header, CSS before publishing

I wish I could preview results before I publish changes to theme, header, CSS, etc.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display membership whose renewal date is > something

I'd like to display someplace on the website the current count of members that are active, and I'd also like to display the number of those that have already renewed for the next year. Something like:

Active Membership: X

Of the membership, X have renewed for 2011

(We are on a calendar based membership)

How easy is this?

thanks!
    -jason

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drop Down Menu for Extra Cost

I have spent about 15 days developing a site for my clients that provide a mountain bike demo event in Moab utah. Our participants can select from approximately 40 different bikes to demo in three separate events. Each bike carries separate demo charges.

We desperately need a drop down menu that will designate separate costs when selected. I am frantically attempting to create workarounds to get over this problem. But it is proving to be difficult.

My clients are very upset with this setback. Is there any way this can be custom built into my cart? Or any great ideas…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sort admin event list

Would be helpful when looking at the Event List to have the most current event at the top rather than having to scroll down through several events to look for it. At any given time we have up to 50 events listed. Might this be possible?

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Universal Email Footer

Need more info in footer when sending email blasts. CAN-SPAM requires a valid physical address.

Good -- Allow editing of the default footer that is added to all email blasts.

Better -- Allow editing, and saving, of multiple footers that can be chosen from, and added, by name, to each email blast as it is created and sent.

Best -- Allow editing of a default footer that is saved with all saved searches. Then, when a saved search is used to send an email blast, the footer saved and sent with it can be edited, and re-saved.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import of historical financial transactions

From a client message to tech support:

===

Is there a way to import the financial data that has been accumulated in our current system into Wild Apricot? I am specifically looking at gifts/donations, membership amounts and event ticket purchases over the past 5 years, with dates and dollars. We would prefer not to lose that history if we transfer over to your product. I was able to find the discussion about importing the member records, but I wasn't able to find the topic of importing financial records covered in your help guides. If you could point me in the…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Managing multiple groups or chapters in a single Wild Apricot account

Some organizations need to manage separate chapters/groups within a single Wild Apricot account (and thus only one website).

Here's the current state of this functionality and links to related threads:

Each chapter can have its own website section and there can be web editors with permissions limited to a specific chapter section (existing functionality)

Members can be separated out into chapters through a use of Groups field or a custom field (existing functionality). One aspect that is currently missing is the ability to assign per-chapter membership managers. There is already a thread dedicated to this, see http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825755-new-admin-role-membership-manager-limited-to-spe

Events can be…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Chapters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SEO - Improve Member Directory Indexing by Search Engines

Current Situation

Member Directory content will not always be indexed by search engines even if the pages are publicly visible.

Desired Situation

Have all publicly visible pages (including member directories) be fully exposed and visible to search engines to improve site SEO ranking potential.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  SEO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to donate during membership application/renewal or event registration

Current features:
    Visitors/members are not prompted to make donation while they are performing other payments (e.g. membership renewals, event registrations,etc)

Desired features:
    Admins have the ability to enable donations to be made during event registrations, membership applications/renewals or other payments.

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom URLs for events

Would be great to have a way to make our own Custom URL for Blog posts, Events.

Right now i use bit.ly to make:
    http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/allevents?eventId=159084&EventViewMode=EventDetails
    into
    http://bit.ly/may29-trail-clearing

Be nice if we could have a box that says Short URL

http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/events/may29-trail-clearing

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Membership Categorgy restictions by age

It would be great if WA allowed the restriction of certain membership categories to be restricted by age. We have a number of membership categories which include Cadets (Under 16), Juniors (Under 22) and Seniors (Over 60).

It would make membership management simpler to either flag or prevent reapplication within the wrong category. Obviously a date of birth field would need to utilised to be able to allow this to happen.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Administrator control over Member photo albums

As a Wild Apricot website Administrator, I would like to be able to delete individual images from a Member's photo album (e.g. offensive, inappropriate, others' request).

While a Member can add and delete photos, an Administrator can only turn the photo album feature on and off, i.e. shut down all albums for an individual Member.

A workaround is to reset that Member's password, log in as that Member then delete the desired image(s). Then advise the Member to reset their password. This is not the most desirable solution.

From a security perspective, Administrator control over a Member's uploaded content is…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to reset forgotten password via a widget

I wanted to bring this particular topic back to the forefront as I think it is an important one. I found a similar post: http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308920-archive/suggestions/8830963-forgotten-password-and-widgets and it does not appear that it ever made it to the Wishlist.

I really does present a problem when a member that forgot their password is redirected to the WA website and not back to our website after they click on the link they receive in the email received. The web pages that I have set up in WA are no where close to what I have on my website for our members. I…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New Admin role for financial transactions management

It would really help if there was an additional level of access I could assign to my administrators to view details on transactions and payments which currently only top level admin can do.

I don't want to give my lower level administrators top level rights but I would like them to be able to do tasks such as print transaction lists and set account status to payment complete - membership active in the payment settings following receipt of a manual payment.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Customization of Member profile page

What do you think of moving the placeholder (or give us the option to do this) for the personal photo and/or company logo fields to the upper right hand corner of the member profile display page. Look like the page has a nice blank space there (see attached) that would be perfect home for these images. That way, you have the name and photo at the top of the member profile.

While on that subject, do we have the ability to modify the font size for the member display list?

Overall. you program is outstanding. I am very impressed with…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base